PG Music Home
Posted By: DeaconBlues09 2018 upgrade question - 12/03/17 08:27 AM
I run BIAB off the separate HD it came pre-installed on, and have virtually no space at all on my laptops internal drives. If I decide to upgrade to BIAB 2018, will I be able to use that same hard drive to reinstall over 2017?

Basically, I live in a country where import customs can are arbitrarily punitive and generally insane, and had to wait ages for a relative to come from the US to bring over the HD for BIAB 2017. Therefore, simply having a new HD shipped with 2017 is not a great option, especially as I have no idea when said relative will be coming again.

Note that I have the 2017 UltraPlusPAK, with the 49pak, and the hard drive I run it from still has 108 GB of empty space.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: 2018 upgrade question - 12/03/17 08:47 AM
DeaconBlues09,

Yes you should be able to purchase the PlusPak and maybe the 49Pak (if you're interested) and install all the files to the USB drive.

A couple of things to do before that though...

1. Check this with PG Music Sales staff. I suggest sending an email to sales@pgmusic.com and asking them or using the toll-free phone number found under the 'Support' link at the top of the webpage.

2. Make a copy of the USB drive with BIAB 2017.

BIAB 2018 completely re-organises the file and directory structure that existed in BIAB 2017. Making a copy of your current USB drive is a good safeguard in case you need to return to BIAB 2017 or if something unexpected happens during the update process.

It would be worth logging in to the PG Music sales site and having a look at your registered products. If BIAB 2017 is there, you will not need to make a backup copy.

Hope this helps,
Noel

Posted By: DeaconBlues09 Re: 2018 upgrade question - 12/03/17 08:57 AM
Thanks a lot, Noel 96! :-)
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: 2018 upgrade question - 12/03/17 10:19 AM
Great advice from Noel.

Yes, I think your drive should have enough space.
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: 2018 upgrade question - 01/05/18 12:52 AM
The Audiophile libraries are not available for download. The other versions are.

I don’t know the answer to your question but I would just buy a hard drive and download BIAB to it ... unless you are running Audiophile like I.

It would be nice if PG Music made all versions available for download but they don’t.
© PG Music Forums