PG Music Home
I have experienced an issue pertaining to the functionality of loading loops into a BIAB session. When I have to load loops into a session, there is a consistent pattern of an unsuccessful playback of the loops regardless of applying a rest and selecting which tracks to pay, having the tracks hold or creating shots on certain measures. However, in the event that such loops do work it will usually be either one or a few loops, or all of them, without any consistency. However, I have been able to have either one, a few or all tracks play, and I can audition tracks, but for a major of the time, they will not playback
I've used loops sparingly in Band-in-a-Box for Windows but have used them enough to realize some things, mainly loops need to be simple, short and don't use too many in one song project.

By simple I mean a simple beat or one or two notes.
Short as in one bar works better than two bars and four bars don't work at all.
One loop has a far greater chance of working in a song than two or more.

There is an interesting video where PG Music demonstrates adding a bass loop to a song project. The bass loop consists of one note played multiple times (can't remember if it is four quarter notes or eight eighth notes in one bar. They enabled both tempo and pitch shifting. The audio produced from the loop followed the song's chord progression perfectly. In my opinion I don't think the result would have sounded as good if the loop was complicated as in a bass riff perhaps.
My issue that I can't my loops to playback most of the time.
Do you know if the loops have embedded tempo and pitch information? If not then BiaB likely does not consider the audio file as a loop.
They don't need that info to play. I'm not at my music computer but look in the Loops help file. Any audio loop will work, you just have to check a box and Biab automagically does whatever is needed to play it.

Islansoul we need more info like a step by step process of exactly what you did to try to use a loop. And read that help file, it might actually help you.

You also posted this in the wrong forum (should be the Biab forum) but I've given up trying to be the police on that. PG doesn't care so neither do I.

Bob
Ok, thanks.
© PG Music Forums