PG Music Home
I'm just starting on real band, so please let me know if I'm missing something....

It doesn't sound like the instruments are playing the correct notes on a very simple progression.

The chords are Ab Db, Ab Db, Ab Db (2 bars each)... etc. But on the third Ab all of the instruments sound like they're still playing over Db. I soloed the bass to confirm, and it is still playing the Db root. I even started a new song and put in the same progression and had the same issue.

Is this a common glitch in Real band? I didn't have the same issue when I was making the same song in BIAB. Any suggestions on a fix?

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forums.

Have you tried regenerating the track to see if that fixes it?

You might already be aware of this but just in case you are not.....

In Realband if chords are changed, it's necessary to regenerate the tracks because regeneration does not happen automatically (like in BIAB). Always keep in mind that no changes are implemented until tracks are regenerated.

It's possible to regenerate tracks individually or in bulk.

From what you've written above, it sounds like you need to regenerate the bass track. To do this, click on the track and press CTRL+A to select the track. Now click on the "Generate" icon on the menu bar and select the appropriate option.

Regards,
Noel

Hi Noel, I have found even in BIAB changes are not always picked up but work after a regeneration. Or is it my imagination?

Tony
Originally Posted By: Teunis
Hi Noel, I have found even in BIAB changes are not always picked up but work after a regeneration. Or is it my imagination?

Tony

Hi Tony,

That's correct. Not all changes instigate regeneration.

The thing to keep in mind is that BIAB generates the backing and, once that's done, it plays. Any time a change is made, nothing is implemented until (re)generation.

Regards,
Noel
That did the trick! Thanks for your help!
Originally Posted By: ILikadodachacha
That did the trick! Thanks for your help!

Glad to see that all is up and running!
© PG Music Forums