PG Music Home
Posted By: furry JBridge woes - 01/23/18 07:50 AM
I noticed a thread about Jbridge from a while back. I got this to use on here with East West play. Was fine until windows creator update screwed everything up.
Sooooooo, on Monday I formatted my windows drive and re-installed windows 10 ( Pro )
Sound problems I had have been solved by this, BUT, Jbridge won't work now as biab says in a flash message I have an older version on Jbridge which isn't compatible.
GRRRRRRRRRR.

I got in touch with Joao who sent me his latest update, but I just can't unzip the damn thing. It tells me that I have the wrong password. I've used 7 zip, winzip and winrar and all give the same error. Anyone else had this issue and how did they sort it ?
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: JBridge woes - 01/23/18 01:44 PM
Ok, one the one hand it's good that reformatting solved your audio issues but you didn't learn anything by doing that. It would have been better if you managed to figure out what you did to mess things up. Now, all that's going to happen is you're likely to do it again. Whatever. As for unzipping a file Win 10 will unzip it. Just double click the file and click open. It will ask you where to unzip it.

When you say you contacted "Joao" you're talking about someone with JBridge? I'm not sure you want an updated version from them. Biab works with a PG version or at least it did originally. Did you purchase it from PGM? I would contact Support first before installing one directly from JBridge they can easily send you a new download for it.

Bob
Posted By: furry Re: JBridge woes - 01/23/18 01:46 PM
Yes I did buy it from PG although I got the link for the download from J's stuff
Posted By: jford Re: JBridge woes - 01/23/18 01:53 PM
Bob - Joao is the "J" in jBridge. It's his program.

Graham - jBridge works fine with more recent versions as long as you received the registered version via email from Joao. I started with jbridge long before PGMusic started using it, and as long as you are using the most recent version, it works fine with BIAB and RealBand.

As long as you originally registered your jbridge, you get new versions by requesting it using your registered email address on the jbridge site. This is not the same as the demo version you can download from the main page. That version will not work with BIAB.

It will arrive as a double compressed file. The file you receive is in 7z (7-zip) format and it is password protected. The password to unzip it will be in the email you received (PM me if you can't find it). You can use either 7-zip or WinZip to extract to the second compressed file, which will be in .zip (WinZip) format. The second file is not password protected and can be extracted with either 7-zip or WinZip. That will give you an executable file that you can run. Right click on it and select "run as administrator" and it will install jBridge. That puts information into your Windows Registry that BIAB can read. There is a utility that comes with it called jbridger, but for BIAB you don't need to run jbridger; BIAB gets all the information it needs from the Windows registry.

7-zip is a free download; WinZip is not, although they may have a trial use period.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: JBridge woes - 01/23/18 01:56 PM
John, I suggest you write a short post on Reinstalling JBridge for the Tips and Tricks Forum, and request it be made a sticky.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: JBridge woes - 01/23/18 02:01 PM
You're right John, I forgot about the double zipping. Graham, Win 10 will unzip regular zipped filed UNLESS someone specifically uses another format so my procedure should work on the second file.

Bob
Posted By: jford Re: JBridge woes - 01/23/18 02:01 PM
That's a good idea, Matt. I'll see if I can do that (with screen shots) this evening after work.
Posted By: furry Re: JBridge woes - 01/23/18 02:07 PM
Guys, the password comes up as wrong on every unzipper
Posted By: sslechta Re: JBridge woes - 01/23/18 02:27 PM
As far as the password, there could be a zero or letter O confused, a number one with a small case L, etc..... If there's a way to copy and paste the password, that may be better.
Posted By: jford Re: JBridge woes - 01/23/18 03:07 PM
Graham, I sent you a PM.
Posted By: furry Re: JBridge woes - 01/23/18 04:50 PM
Got it John & Have replied thanks
Posted By: furry Re: JBridge woes - 01/23/18 05:14 PM
He sent me another file with a different pw... Worked a treat as is my sound whoo hoo
Posted By: jford Re: JBridge woes - 01/23/18 05:25 PM
So glad it's sorted!
Posted By: furry Re: JBridge woes - 01/23/18 06:27 PM
Me too, was getting balder by the hour
© PG Music Forums