PG Music Home
Posted By: 90 dB Image Hosting - 02/28/18 12:18 PM
Hello all. What is everybody using for image hosting these days? I've been using Photobucket, but it's no longer free.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: sslechta Re: Image Hosting - 02/28/18 12:57 PM
Google drive is free.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Image Hosting - 02/28/18 01:21 PM
Thanks Steve. Trying that now, but can't figure out how to paste an image into a post. It just pastes the URL, not the image!

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: sslechta Re: Image Hosting - 02/28/18 01:38 PM
Looks like I had the same issue whether I had the URL or URL + /view in the image link.

I guess this forum doesn't like Google drive photos directly placed in a message.

I was able to put it in via the normal LINK options.

Here's a sample photo from my drive:

Photo

P.S. - I also created a folder on my Google Drive called "Public" and set the permissions to "All - without an invite". That way I have a folder that I do not care who sees it.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Image Hosting - 02/28/18 01:53 PM
That's a drag.
Posted By: sslechta Re: Image Hosting - 02/28/18 03:12 PM
After doing a little more research, it's not the forum.

Google disconnected that ability to allow file views like this a couple of years ago.

Pasting the photo as a link is pretty much the only way it can be viewed.

So if that doesn't work for you, you may need to find another image source.

Hey, I can store some pictures for you on one of my domains for cheap..... wink Although if all your pictures get mustaches drawn on them, there's nothing I can do.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Image Hosting - 02/28/18 03:18 PM
I don't know Bob....

I just logged into my free photobucket account when I saw this.... and it still works.

Perhaps the storage isn't as large but it looks like it's still free.

Of course there is an awful lot of annoying pop up windows for all sorts of garbage on the screen..... maybe it is time to move somewhere else....
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Image Hosting - 02/28/18 03:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I don't know Bob....

I just logged into my free photobucket account when I saw this.... and it still works.

Perhaps the storage isn't as large but it looks like it's still free.

Of course there is an awful lot of annoying pop up windows for all sorts of garbage on the screen..... maybe it is time to move somewhere else....

Herb,

I was using Photobucket. It's no longer free.

http://photobucket.com/p500/

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Image Hosting - 02/28/18 03:40 PM
Yeah... I get that Bob.... but it still has a free account option.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Image Hosting - 02/28/18 03:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Yeah... I get that Bob.... but it still has a free account option.

Huh. I cannot find it.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Image Hosting - 02/28/18 05:06 PM
Dropbox
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Image Hosting - 02/28/18 05:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Dropbox

Matt,

I've got that, but don't know how to use it. I had a stroke that's left me with half a brain. grin

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: jford Re: Image Hosting - 02/28/18 05:57 PM
If you are just looking for a way to embed images in posts on the forum, you can set up a free account with webs.com, which will give you 500MB of free space. You can ignore the website stuff if you want to and just use the file manager to host your images. Here's an embedded image from one of my free webs sites (I imagine Furry (Graham) will get a kick out of this one)...

It's not a lot of space, but 500MB should give you room for several thousand images. You just need an email account to set up the free web site.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Image Hosting - 02/28/18 08:16 PM
Thanks, John.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Image Hosting - 02/28/18 09:57 PM
Bob, you have a folder named Public in Dropbox. Dropbox will give you the URL that you can copy and paste into a post here.

John, that picture reminds me of the old joke where a guy leaves his accordion on the back seat of his car and the car windows are down. He comes back and calls the police. Why? There's a second accordion on the seat. (Don't tell Graham)
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Image Hosting - 03/01/18 10:22 AM
Matt,

I don't seem to have that option. I'm using the free version. Could that be the cause?

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Image Hosting - 03/01/18 11:07 AM
Bob,
Go to the left side of the screen and click on "My Files". That will bring up a list of folders, one of which is "Public".

I've never managed to be able to insert an image shared from dropbox here however, it always just shows the URL. I could be doing something wrong though.
© PG Music Forums