PG Music Home
Posted By: raddy Scarlett 2.1 - 03/02/18 11:23 AM
I am trying to use this box. It works ok with Audacity. Using with BIAB I get a message "GetBufferSize" function failed.
Any help appreciated - have to get some work out for Monday
Posted By: sslechta Re: Scarlett 2.1 - 03/02/18 11:38 AM
Not a lot of info to go on from that. Scarlett 2.1 sounds like the software mixer.

If that's the case I think there's a buffer setting in the mixer per the screenshot below.

Go to Settings-->ASIO Buffer Size and adjust that. 10ms is default.

Sometimes restarting the audio interface works too.

Description: Mixer
Attached picture Untitled.png
Posted By: raddy Re: Scarlett 2.1 - 03/02/18 12:06 PM
Thanks I'll try that
You know I don't have a fancy mix like that
looks like I'm missing something
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Scarlett 2.1 - 03/02/18 12:34 PM
Focusrite makes many Scarletts. The lower priced ones do not have the mixer shown. You aren’t missing that. I’m assuming you have a 2i2 or maybe a 2i4? First or second generation? Have you checked for new drivers? Many updates were released in February.
Posted By: raddy Re: Scarlett 2.1 - 03/02/18 01:07 PM
Just bought it and installed it today smile
Learning curve time
using it with Audacity - user has provided atrack he wants a sax line laying over.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Scarlett 2.1 - 03/02/18 02:10 PM
Very good. What exactly did you buy? That info will help us. And don’t assume the driver is up to date on a cd; there are very new ones available at the Focusrite site.
Posted By: raddy Re: Scarlett 2.1 - 03/02/18 02:35 PM
Yea
Scarlett 2i2 as it comes
Software downlaoded from Focusrite (that was a trial in itself because it set my account up wrong somehow so while I had the software I had to re-register ?)

Free Ableton 9 Lite which I can't see myself using - another trial because the site wanted the auth. code, which should have been input first but had already dropped the software onto my PC.

Desperate for this to work on BIAB/Real Band 'cos that's where I do most of my work. If I cant get it working there I may send it back
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Scarlett 2.1 - 03/02/18 04:29 PM
Hi,

That error message indicates that your ASIO driver wasn't able to communicate with the audio interface.

It usually pops up if someone selects a driver when the device isn't connected. If you get that error when the Scarlett is definitely plugged in, reinstalling the latest version of its driver (from Focusrite's website) may help.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums