PG Music Home
Has anyone had an e-mail to me rejected?

Lately I've had a couple of people tell me that e-mails to me are being returned due to "Unknown Host". But none of them saved the error message.

If you had something rejected, and still have the error message, please forward it to me.

The more data tech help can get, the easier it should be for them to solve the problem.

Thanks,
Notes
Posted By: jford Re: Has anyone had an e-mail to me rejected? - 06/26/18 02:07 PM
Bob - I just sent you a test email to "yourlastname@yourlastname.com". I'll let you know if I get an undeliverable notice.
Thanks to those who kindly e-mailed error messages, and those who got through without an error.

The fact that only some messages were returned, made it confusing for everybody involved.

I *think* it's fixed. It involved countless repeats of "on-hold" music to my shopping cart, my web host, and my domain name registrar while the tech help folks worked on the problem.

The worst "on-hold" music was the one that repeated every 45 seconds with a very slight but very annoying pause every time it cycled. Just a fraction of a beat, but I found myself waiting for it.

I called it "tech hell" instead of tech help but everybody I spoke to did their best and was friendly and professional. It was just one of those problems that was hard to get a handle on.

The error messages that I sent to my web host seemed to point the problem to the domain name registrar, who verified there was a problem, fixed the problem, and said all the domain name servers around the world should be refreshed with the new info in 24 to 48 hours.

So if anyone tried to e-mail me and couldn't get through, my apologies, please try again.

Notes
© PG Music Forums