PG Music Home
Posted By: Tommyc New Computer Transfer data from old? - 08/11/18 03:06 PM
Can I transfer my BB folder with Ethernet, and then use the 2018 disk to re-install it? It's been a while since I installed anything but yearly updates.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: New Computer Transfer data from old? - 08/11/18 03:13 PM
I think you could do that.

If it were my computers I would do a clean install using BIAB 2018, and then install any bonus packs you bought and then copy over any songs and custom styles I had created.

If you have 2018 already installed, you could deactivate it on the old PC to recover one of your theee activations. If it’s an older version, this isn’t necessary.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: New Computer Transfer data from old? - 08/12/18 11:28 AM
Thanks Matt
Hi TommyC,

You could get away with what you've described, or alternately install just your 2017 and 2018 versions. It doesn't look like you'd be missing anything if you took that route either.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
I think you could do that.

If it were my computers I would do a clean install using BIAB 2018, and then install any bonus packs you bought and then copy over any songs and custom styles I had created.

If you have 2018 already installed, you could deactivate it on the old PC to recover one of your theee activations. If it’s an older version, this isn’t necessary.

THIS^^^^^
Posted By: Tommyc Re: New Computer Transfer data from old? - 08/14/18 03:13 PM
I went with the clean install! Thanks Yall!
© PG Music Forums