PG Music Home
Posted By: Graham101 key change - 08/22/18 02:59 PM
Hi

I've changed the key in real band and merged to a wav file.

when I've opened in my DAW its playing the original key ?

Any ideas folks?

best

Graham
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: key change - 08/22/18 03:14 PM
is it acidized?
Posted By: Graham101 Re: key change - 08/22/18 03:18 PM
oh, now you've lost me???
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: key change - 08/22/18 03:41 PM
He asked that because some audio files contain extra information that makes them able to change key or tempo on command. Loops sold commercially do this.
Posted By: Graham101 Re: key change - 08/22/18 04:04 PM
The key changed as required in real band, and saved as such. It was only on after saving it to .wav and opening in sonar, it was the original key.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: key change - 08/22/18 04:37 PM
Hi Graham,

Does that same file play in the new key, or original key, if you open it in Media Player instead of Sonar?

If it plays in the new key in Media Player and in the original key in Sonar, then Sonar is reading the Acid info and transposing the audio automatically.

I don't use Sonar, but the reply from BbAltered in this thread I found appears to explain how to turn off this transposition:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Solved-Sonar-importing-audio-file-in-wrong-key-It39s-nuts-m3346407.aspx

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Graham101 Re: key change - 08/23/18 02:55 PM
Thanks all, opening in loop construction did it !

Great forum !!

Graham
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: key change - 08/23/18 07:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Graham101
Thanks all, opening in loop construction did it !

Great forum !!

Graham

Glad you got it figured out. This very issue caught me off guard and the DAW was Sonar.... I think BB/RB has the option to acidize the files, and I wasn't aware of it...So I imported the tracks and some were in the wrong key and tempo too IIRC.... I turned off the auto acidize function and waaa laaaa... all was good.
© PG Music Forums