PG Music Home
Posted By: BryanDP High Pitch Whine Realband. - 01/18/19 04:49 AM
Hi All. I have Win 7 home, my PC is 64 but I still use 32. Very basic use of BiaB to make back tracks (MP3) just to sing along and strum the guitar. I have not used RB much. Installed 2019 into the same setup. I'm not very computer wise. BiaB is fine and quiet but as soon as I open RB I am getting a very high pitch whine, constant pitch and volume. Never noticed this on 2018. When I close RB it's gone. Can't work out what this is about. I have tried to make a track for "Memories are made of this", and wanted to try and record a bit of backing vocals (Sweet ,Sweet, the Memories you given me). The whine is a bit irritating but does not get recorded into the audio. Ideas please?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: High Pitch Whine Realband. - 01/18/19 06:26 AM
Bryan,

I don't know if this will help, but my first step towards solving problems is to check that I have the latest update.

Currently, RB is at build #2. To check your build number, it's under "Help | About Realband". Here you've find something like "Version 2019 (2)" -- the 2 in brackets indicates the build.

If you are still on build #1, download build #2 from the link below and install it. That might solve the problem.

https://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm

Also, PG Music recommend that both BIAB and RB are run in "Run as administrator" mode. To set this, right-click on the startup shortcut, select 'Properties' and, under the 'Compatibility' tab, activate the "Run as administrator" option.

When "Run as admin" is set, Windows will ask for permission to load the program. Simply click OK.

Lastly, try changing the audio driver to MME and see if that helps. By default, RB 2019 will have Windows Audio as the audio driver. Driver settings are found under "Options | Preferences | Audio"

Hopefully one of the above three options will sort your problem out.

Let us know how you go.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: High Pitch Whine Realband. - 01/18/19 10:20 AM
Since the high pitch whine is not being recorded, it may be caused by your monitor settings in RB have changed.
Posted By: rharv Re: High Pitch Whine Realband. - 01/18/19 10:35 PM
I agree with Charlie;
If the whine is not recorded, it is likely not in the input path, but rather the output path. I'd make sure RB is using the same output drivers as BiaB.
Posted By: sslechta Re: High Pitch Whine Realband. - 01/19/19 12:40 AM
Maybe there's a Windows Built-in mic that isn't muted. Check your PC audio settings.
Posted By: BryanDP Re: High Pitch Whine Realband. - 02/05/19 04:46 AM
Hi and thanks for the help. I have checked everything suggested and everything looks ok. I'm not very computer wise and the settings are mostly very confusing to me. The whine is still there. It baffles me. Any other programme is fine and quiet, BiaB 32 and 64 opens and is quiet, any media player I open is quiet, just Realband as soon as it boots up the whine starts and as soon as I close it the whine stops. I have an Alto Live 802 mixer connected via the USB cable. It's set as Administrator, Driver is MME, latest up date done. The Win sound is set for both input and output as the "codex" for the Alto. Others are disabled. I have tried connecting the monitor speakers to the Alto main output and the monitor output and the headphone output but on all I still hear the whine on Realband. Although it irritates, I can get along anyway. I mainly just use BiaB, type in my chords and then go searching for the style I like. Fiddle with that a bit then render a MP3. It's more for my own strumming and sing-a-long at home. It's been years since I last did a gig, so I just drive the family crazy. Thanks again.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: High Pitch Whine Realband. - 02/05/19 05:48 PM
Hi Bryan,

If you select your onboard soundcard's MME driver for output instead, and connect speakers or headphones to that instead of the mixer, does the whine go away?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums