PG Music Home
Posted By: beatmaster Bandlab Cakewalk - 03/22/19 10:24 AM
Trying to re install bandlab Cakewalk from64 bit to 32 bit but doesn't seem to give me the option.

Is there an option ?, I remember back to the original install and I am sure it did give an option , I think ?.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Bandlab Cakewalk - 03/22/19 01:16 PM
NO Bandlab Sonar is ONLY 64 bit!
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Bandlab Cakewalk - 03/22/19 02:13 PM
Thanks Larry
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Bandlab Cakewalk - 03/23/19 11:02 PM
Sonar Artist/Producer/Platnium were available in both 32 and 64 bit versions but BandLab by Cakewalk has only been 64 bit since it was launched.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Bandlab Cakewalk - 03/25/19 11:06 PM
beatmaster, if you had "paid" Cake version before, you can probably download legacy package... which will have 32 bit installer, but you will inherit hundreds of bugs that have been fixed since. I would not go that route unless I really (really!) need to bring from the dead some old recordings with 32bit plugins.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Bandlab Cakewalk - 03/30/19 06:17 PM
Another alternative is Sonar Home Studio. It is a slightly limited version of Sonar marketed to consumers. Since the product was based on the Sonar platform it is available as either 32 or 64 bits. The product was not part of the update every month program so it was very stable from its initial release. It received one update and that was about two weeks prior to the door closing.

The installer was updated to allow the use of unlimited audio tracks. The update also has some stability fixes that didn't make it to the rest of the Sonar product line prior to the shutdown. The download is the latest build.

Sonar Home Studio requires installation by the Cakewalk Command Center so you must have an existing Cakewalk account.

There is also an option to download and install a little more than 1 GB of audio sample loops from various Big Fish Audio sample packs.

+++ THIS +++ link details the steps to follow and get the free download.

Below is a screen shot of a Cakewalk Command Center window.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
© PG Music Forums