PG Music Home
After an update, I can't figure out how to attach files to my email message. GUI has totally changed.

After an automatic update, I can't figure out how to attach .mp3s to my outgoing mail messages. The GUI has changed from white to black and I'm totally lost.

I used to be able to attach mp3s to my facebook chat. Now it looks like it attaches but nothing loads.

Help, please?
What are you using for email? Do you have a dedicated client (for example, I use Thunderbird and others use Outlook), or a web interface (which is available for Yahoo, Hotmail, GMail, etc)?

Did the Windows 10 GUI change or your email application change?
John,

I'm using Yahoo Mail, should I try another app?

Not sure how to confirm if it is Windows update or Yahoo Mail.
Yahoo mail is web based, so it shouldn't be the Windows update. Maybe they changed their interface. I'll take a look tonight and see if I see something weird, as I have a couple of Yahoo accounts.
John,

Don't know if related, but I must log in to PG Forums each visit. Remember Me has stopped 'remembering' but who am I to talk?
Which web browser are you using?

Notes
Bob,

I'm using Chrome,
Donny,

In Chrome go to settings->passwords. At the top of that screen you can enable "Offer to save passwords" and "Auto Sign-in".

I have both enabled here. Not sure how those settings managed to get reset though?

That should fix your "Remember Me has stopped 'remembering' " problem, no clue about the problem with attachments though.

EDIT: Actually the screen you want is called "Customize and Control Google Chrome", the three vertical dots to the far right of the URL window at the top of the screen.
Donny -

Below is what I see when I go into Yahoo Mail on Windows 10 using the Chrome (version 74.0.3729.157 (Official Build) (64-bit)) browser. I'm running Windows 10 Professional (Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.475)) which can be seen by running the "WinVer" command from a command prompt.

In Chrome, I just log into my Yahoo email account, then click on the "Compose" button. Once on the Compose screen, I can click in the paperclip icon to attach a file to my message. It inserts the file at the bottom of the message screen, and then I can address, type my message, and click send.

Are you seeing something different?

Attached picture Yahoo-1.jpg
Attached picture Yahoo-2.jpg
Attached picture Yahoo-3.jpg
John,

Still can't attach an mp3 to a FB message.z
Can you attach, say, a .jpg file to a FB post? I'd try that first.
Okay, in Googling around, it appears that while you can post pictures and videos to Facebook, you can't post audio files. This restriction seems to go back quite a few years. The work around is to post your audio file to a file sharing site and then post a web link to the file. But direct uploads of audio files seem to not be supported.
© PG Music Forums