PG Music Home
Posted By: beatmaster Cannot select Higher patches - 08/09/19 07:17 AM
Trying in biab to select the higher patches for sonic cell, when I try it keeps going to the general midi standard.

For instance when I go to higher patches/instruments in guitar category the first couple work but as I go through about three or four and pick like martin 6 string it changes to viola or something like that any help on this greatly appreciated .

I do have the patch file installed but still no joy.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Cannot select Higher patches - 08/09/19 10:46 AM
Just verifying, is this about the Ketron in your signature? Did you make the .PAT file or download it from the Support page on this site?
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Cannot select Higher patches - 08/09/19 10:54 AM
Sorry Matt its my Roland sonic cell , I got the pat from support on pg music just cant figure it out and it limits me to gm sounds.
Posted By: Mike Head Re: Cannot select Higher patches - 08/11/19 08:07 PM
Hi Beatmaster

It seems as if your pat file is incomplete by what you say.
Maybe worth trying to find a cakewalk / sona instrument definition .ins file
On the web and converting that BIAB will do that for you from Cakewalk ins files.

You may like this cakewalk ins file checker no point in converting a duff ins file
It wont tell if it’s complete but it will tell if the file has errors like undefined lines etc.
Copy on my Boxnet.

https://app.box.com/s/p9at9z4kdtd5fkd7z1h2viqqjl5iy7ph

Have fun
Mike
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Cannot select Higher patches - 08/11/19 08:45 PM
I didn’t know about the utility Mike mentioned. Very interesting. But I’m wondering if you actually loaded the .PAT file. When you go to select the higher patch you first load and update the .PAT file. Otherwise you won’t see the names of those higher patches. I’m not sure without being in front of a computer what you would see, but I could understand it would default to a GM patch.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Cannot select Higher patches - 08/12/19 04:55 PM
Thanks for the advice on this , it turned out to be a setting in the sonic cell patch was selected instead of performance.

Mike I have downloaded the file and will check the pat file , I didn't know biab converts ins file automatically !!. Living and learning all the time .
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Cannot select Higher patches - 08/12/19 09:51 PM
Some of the .PAT files on this site were converted .INS files from SONAR. Others, though, were painstakingly created line by line from printed patch maps in the device manual.
© PG Music Forums