PG Music Home
When you buy an off the shelf Windows computer Windows 10 is preinstalled along with a bunch of additional software you may, or may not, want.

Windows 10 now includes a reinstall option called "fresh start" that installs a clean copy of Windows 10 without any of the add-on software. +++ THIS +++ web article provides all the details as well as the advantages and disadvantages.
I bought a laptop that was a demo from Best Buy several years ago. All that extra stuff you don't want/need was not on it!

The only thing wrong with it was there was some scratches on the back because of the security stuff they added to it to keep it in the store.

...Deb
I'm a big believer in open box and refurbished equipment. The issue in both cases is to be aware of exactly what you're buying.

For open box it's a question of what's missing and how difficult, or expensive is it to replace the missing component(s) or if you really even need the missing stuff.

For refurbished it's all about reputation, warranty and sponsor.
Agreed Jim. I've been buying Dell refurbs from their outlet store online for years.
If a new PC, or even a re-imaged PC (from vendor's image disks) has a lot of bloatware, I always run PC-Decrapifier to clean it up.
© PG Music Forums