PG Music Home
Posted By: beatmaster mix craft send midi to external device - 09/12/19 06:14 PM
In mixcraft I have selected all the real tracks I am using in a song , Now I would like to send midi to a voicelive fx .

This will sound dum.. but do I go back to biab and put guitar track to midi instead of real track, save it then copy to midi channel in mixcraft then send to external device will this control the harmonies ?.
Posted By: Mike Head Re: mix craft send midi to external device - 09/13/19 02:11 PM
Hi

May not help but if the song was still in BIAB you can send a root version of the chords in the chord sheet out on ch 9 (default) to control VH etc as the song plays.
To do this go to options / preferences / output ch and tick output chords (top left)
These are silent chords so you wont hear them but the can be used as VH trigger chords.

Mike
Mike Thanks for that , I do try searching for past posts they never come up for me ?.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: mix craft send midi to external device - 09/14/19 08:45 AM
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=374041
Save the song to midi and it will give the BB Chord Output midi track to drag into Mixcraft.

Posted By: Mike Head Re: mix craft send midi to external device - 09/14/19 12:10 PM
Hi Beatmaster

In addition to Pipeline’s good advice , you can also drag your Master to the midi drop box . from the blue dots top left of screen in BIAB.
This works fine in Cakewalk so see no reason why it should not work in Mixcraft.
Obviously this will copy any midi tracks in the song at the same time but you can discard them once they in the Daw with the chord track.
Don’t forget to set the Daw tempo to match the BIAB song tempo.

Mike
Pipeline , Mark Thanks this is amazing stuff !.
© PG Music Forums