PG Music Home
Posted By: pianowillbebach converting to MIDI - 11/13/19 05:45 PM
Does anyone know how I would go about converting a score to MIDI from Scanscore? I want to scan in some sheet music I have and then convert it to MIDI to hear it played back.
Posted By: MarioD Re: converting to MIDI - 11/13/19 08:18 PM
Originally Posted By: pianowillbebach
Does anyone know how I would go about converting a score to MIDI from Scanscore? I want to scan in some sheet music I have and then convert it to MIDI to hear it played back.

According to the Scanscore web page it can out put your scan to a musicXML file: https://scan-score.com/en/

Band-in-a-Box can read musicXML files. Also there are a number of musicXML to MIDI converter out there; just google/bing XML to MIDI. With a MIDI file you should be able to play on any DAW or MIDI player.

Note that I have no practical experience with any of the above. The above information comes from the Internet.
Posted By: pianowillbebach Re: converting to MIDI - 11/28/19 07:18 PM
Thanks for doing some research for me!
Posted By: methodman Re: converting to MIDI - 01/14/20 02:55 PM
I am kind of in the opposite mode where I wanted to convert midi files into a notation score and I'm using Crescendo and have to shut off all the channels I won't be using 15 of them It's kind of tedious, I have to set the split point manually too, which is kind of a guess. But it seems to work. Genuine Classical pieces that the piano teachers don't teach, because it's to complicated for most people only fits into two measures wide across a page. Some are still too close together, so I have to change the width to one bar across the page. Anyways, best of luck. None of this stuff we want to do is that easy. That's what I have learned.
© PG Music Forums