PG Music Home
Posted By: Soundchaser RB and BIAB Blue Screen of Death - 12/04/19 10:31 AM
Greetings,

Just got a new Windows 10 laptop. It’s an HP, specs here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y3DhqIUj35okfEHvX4b6hc66GzKJrGK5/view?usp=drivesdk. i7 processor. I’m using Line 6 POD HD500 as my interface. Tried running the program as an administrator. I emailed PG, and they said it’s a computer issue, not them.

If not on launch, immediately thereafter, I get the blue screen of death, link here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ArZJ4HbWsEBwur2Z4UjMPgfCll9bXPC1/view?usp=drivesdk I also get this on launch of BIAB. Your help would be appreciated.

If you cant open the links, let me know, and I can email the screen shots.

Thanks.

Jeff

Posted By: sslechta Re: RB and BIAB Blue Screen of Death - 12/04/19 11:21 AM
You will need to attach the screenshots to this post as anyone trying to click those links will get an error that they do not have permission.

On your next reply, switch to full screen reply and click the File Manager link on the post. This will allow you to upload your screenshots. I believe .JPG is the preferred format.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: RB and BIAB Blue Screen of Death - 12/04/19 03:01 PM
The only time I ever got a blue screen on Win7 was from the new WAS Driver (lol and I was the one that suggested having a WAS driver).
But it may be what you have BB set to like the Audio Driver or the default Synth etc. There's some ini files you can delete that have the setting in so it will default back to factory but at the moment I can't remember exactly but look at the latest date files in C:\bb\Preferences

https://www.pgmusic.com/techfaq55.htm#93
Posted By: Soundchaser Re: RB and BIAB Blue Screen of Death - 12/04/19 07:19 PM
Thanks. Pics attached.

Attached File
Laptop Specs.jpg  (7 downloads)
Attached File
BSOD.jpg  (14 downloads)
Posted By: sslechta Re: RB and BIAB Blue Screen of Death - 12/04/19 09:20 PM
Looking at the Blue Screen, L6PODHD564.sys listed on that screen is your Line 6 POD Interface. That interface is crashing. So it's a Line 6 issue, not a BIAB issue. I did a Google search on L6PODHD564.sys and there are lots of posts on driver issues. You should check to see what the latest driver is and get it updated.

Also look at what Pipeline said. Check to see how your audio driver is used in the BIAB Audio settings. You have a choice to set it as ASIO, WAS, or MME. Try switching those settings to see if that works.
Posted By: Soundchaser Re: RB and BIAB Blue Screen of Death - 12/05/19 07:32 AM
Thank you. I was thinking about just getting a new input device. I tried the changing the driver settings. When I change to ASIO driver, the choice is something along the lines of ASIO Line 6. Still crashes.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: RB and BIAB Blue Screen of Death - 12/05/19 08:20 AM
You can try ASIO4All on your laptop if you just want to use the onboard audio device, then select ASIO > ASIO4All
Posted By: Noel96 Re: RB and BIAB Blue Screen of Death - 12/05/19 08:22 AM
Did you install BIAB on your computer?

What installation option did you choose?
Posted By: Soundchaser Re: RB and BIAB Blue Screen of Death - 12/05/19 11:19 AM
How do I get ASIO4All?
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: RB and BIAB Blue Screen of Death - 12/05/19 11:29 AM
Go here.

http://www.asio4all.org/
Posted By: Soundchaser Re: RB and BIAB Blue Screen of Death - 12/05/19 01:02 PM
Yes. I did the full install from the Keychain.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: RB and BIAB Blue Screen of Death - 12/06/19 02:32 AM
Jeff,

If this were my problem, here is where I'd start...

Firstly, I'd try and isolate if the Line 6 was the problem.

(It's always a good problem solving approach to begin by getting the program working without adding periphery. Once the program is going fine, then attachments, etc., can be added one at a time and the one causing the problem will usually be easy to isolate.)

1. close BIAB

2. Unplug the line 6

3. Right-click on the BIAB startup icon and select "Run as administrator" to start BIAB. (Run as admin. is probably not needed but it's good to include here 'just in case'.)

I don't know about Line 6 POD HD500 but from what I find on the internet, it looks like it's a collection of effects that are activated via pedal controls.

This means, BIAB should run without it being attached as BIAB Realstyles are audio and only require speakers for them to be heard.

4. Under "Audio" (top menu), select "Audio Drivers/Settings".

5. Set the audio driver to MME - on most systems this a really good and stable driver for testing to purposes.

6. Add some chords to BIAB's chordsheet, generate and let the song play though.

Does BIAB function properly with the Line 6 disconnected and using MME?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Soundchaser Re: RB and BIAB Blue Screen of Death - 12/08/19 10:14 AM
Thanks all for your help! It looks like the Line 6 interface/driver was the issue. I tried all the suggestions (with the exception of asio4all, because I want to use the interface as the control), and I just went out and purchased an inexpensive, but good interface, the Presonus Audiobox. Problem solved with RB and BIAB. So excited about this that I bought the 2020 update. Thanks again.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: RB and BIAB Blue Screen of Death - 12/08/19 01:18 PM
Excellent, now please tag this thread Resolved.

Bob
© PG Music Forums