PG Music Home
I am getting upto 20 spam emails a day with subject band in a box , I have set the name up in my spam detector and they do get a symbol indicating they are spam and the emails do not need to be read, how can I stop the spam arriving please. I am now 83 years of age and my PC techniques are fading.
You are probably getting e-mails from the unofficial Band-in-a-Box mailing list. The move was made from Yahoo Groups to io groups.

I'm not a moderator of that group and don't know why people are getting messages. In my case, I subscribed to that group years ago, when it was an eGroup. Yahoo bought eGroups and after that I would get very few e-mails, perhaps one a week often in response to another post I never got.

Now that it has been moved again, this time to io groups, I'm getting all the mails.

Anyway the solution is simple, Scroll down to the bottom of one of the e-mails, and click the unsubscribe link. That should do it.

BTW, PG Music has nothing to do with this.
Thanks I will give that a go.
Yep... that UNSUBSCRIBE button gets hit a lot in my emails.

It baffles me how I get on these lists but that button solves it.
I was subscribed to the original independent Band-in-a-Box mailing list. This was before PG's forum, when it was an eGroup if I remember correctly.

Then Yahoo bought eGroups and they ran it well for a while but lost interest. I guess they found it unprofitable.

I was still subscribed, could get and send mail, but I wasn't getting all the mail. Not even all the mail I sent.

I tried investigating but I could no longer log into the site. The admin suggested I close the account and open another, but I couldn't log in to close it.

The group wasn't very active, and this forum was, so I didn't mind.

Then Yahoo decided to change their groups so that users could no longer store files in the group cloud. So the original administrator moved it to io.groups.

When the move was made, I got two copies of every e-mail, which was a waste - if you read one, there is not sense reading the duplicate. So I unsubscribed one.

I'm guessing some people may have subscribed to this group so long ago that they forgot -- OR they have another Yahoo account and Yahoo screwed up the export by adding addresses from another group. THIS IS ONLY A GUESS - I have no knowledge.

Anyway, a simple unsubscribe seems to work.

Insights and incites by Notes
© PG Music Forums