PG Music Home
Posted By: Soundchaser Dual Monitors - 01/19/20 12:41 PM
I added another monitor to my laptop, hoping that I could display different Realband windows in each screen (i.e; track window in one screen, mixer in another. While I'm able to drag the entire program to the secondary monitor screen, I'm not able to drag a separate window over. Is there a fix for that, or is that a function of the software?
Posted By: Mike Head Re: Dual Monitors - 01/19/20 01:26 PM
Hi

You may find a setting in widows to set the 2nd monitor to act as an extension of the first,
Instead of a dual screen.

Mike
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Dual Monitors - 01/19/20 04:11 PM
That's just how it is, you need to span it across both monitors then move the internal windows to the monitor you need, so if you had 4 monitors it would look like this:
Full Screen

Attached File
RB-Span.png  (193 downloads)
Posted By: Soundchaser Re: Dual Monitors - 01/20/20 06:25 PM
To the folks who replied, have you actually set your computers up with two monitors for BIAB? I tried it exactly as indicated and it wont let me drag the windows to the other monitor. It will let me do that for effects in BIAB, or to drag the entire program window, but not the separate windows, such as track or mixer.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Dual Monitors - 01/20/20 08:21 PM
So I had to get my other monitor off the shelf plug it in restart and the same result as I showed in the first pic.
You were talking about RealBand in first post now it's BIAB, I think you still mean RealBand.

Full Screen

Attached File
RB-Dual-Monitors.png  (150 downloads)
Posted By: Soundchaser Re: Dual Monitors - 01/20/20 11:08 PM
Yes, RealBand. I apologize for my denseness. First, thank you much for dragging out your monitor! I think I have it now. Just so I understand, what you're doing is stretching out the viewing area on the one screen to allow the two windows, track and window, to sit side by side. Then just drag the part you want to see separately to the other screen? I attached a pic. Thank you.

Attached File
20200120_210442.jpg  (15 downloads)
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Dual Monitors - 01/21/20 03:34 AM
Yes that's it, that looks like a good set up you have, gives you a bit more room to do things.
If you right click the taskbar settings and select auto hide will give more desktop space.
Posted By: Soundchaser Re: Dual Monitors - 01/21/20 09:35 AM
You're the best. Thank you.
Posted By: Mike Head Re: Dual Monitors - 01/21/20 11:01 AM
HI Sounchaser

Glad you are sorted.
I have to say before I finally got my cataracts done on both eyes ,I tried all sorts of things like dual screens to get more real estate for working, than my 15inch laptop screen.
But at the end I bought a 32inch hdmi monitor and sent every thing to that,
Still use it to this day despite my eyes being done best money I ever spent.
Mike
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Dual Monitors - 01/22/20 10:59 AM
What you can do for the monitor setup you have, in the Windows Display settings drag monitor 2 to sit above 1 so as you move your mouse up it will go onto monitor 2 above, just span RealBand vertically.
© PG Music Forums