PG Music Home
Posted By: paul435smith Can I delete bbdownloads folder? - 01/27/20 06:35 PM
Hi

I'm trying to reduce size of files on my C: Drive.

Can I delete bbdownloads folder? It appears to contain all my realtracks. Is this a duplicate folder for realtracks?

Thanks,

Paul
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Can I delete bbdownloads folder? - 01/27/20 07:44 PM
I do not have such a folder.

Is your BbDownloads folder in the top level of the /BB folder? For example, other folders there include Data, Demos, Documentation etc.

Could your BBDownloads folder be something you created?

Do you use the PG Music download utility?
Posted By: rharv Re: Can I delete bbdownloads folder? - 01/27/20 08:30 PM
If you downloaded BiaB ..
Are these files that appear like Realtracks actually the Realtrack installers? If so they will be EXE files that usually have multiple track sets in the name.

If they indeed are the installers (and you've installed them), you can safely delete them, as they are available in your PGMusic account under downloads moving forward if you ever need them again.
If worried check your account in the store section.

It's good to know you have this option; if you ever inadvertently delete something you bought you can get it back.
This is the default location for the download manager. You might want to back them up to a different hard drive rather than delete them. Then you don't need to download them all again if you need to reinstall in the future sometime. They definitely don't need to be on your C drive.
Posted By: paul435smith Re: Can I delete bbdownloads folder? - 01/28/20 06:33 PM
Thanks to everyone that replied. It seems the files were 'Application' files so they are already installed. I've moved them to my D: Drive.

Paul
© PG Music Forums