PG Music Home
I'm in search of something like they seem to be, but it's hard to judge properly by very little but youtube demos and promotional text, you know.
Anyone here with first hand experience? Impressions, opinions, thoughts, insights?
I didn’t look at it but I assume from your question there is no demo version.
I'm not sure we are thinking of the same things here, or else I'm not grasping the meaning in your reply confused

To clarify I'm talking about "Arranger" types of Korg keyboards like the Korg PA series.
Originally Posted By: Icelander
I'm not sure we are thinking of the same things here, or else I'm not grasping the meaning in your reply confused

To clarify I'm talking about "Arranger" types of Korg keyboards like the Korg PA series.

Note Norton has some of these in BiaB format. Check out Norton music:

http://www.nortonmusic.com/styledemo.html#ss

{edit} - just scroll down to the bottom of the page to see them.

This I did not know, thanks for the link... I'll have a look, but still hoping for feedback on the keyboards themselves wink
Posted By: jford Re: The (fairly) recent Kor Arrangers kbd line - 03/16/20 04:27 PM
For better responses, it might help, Eddie, to change the spelling of Korg in the subject line. It's showing as "Kor", not "Korg".
Oh crap! eek

No wonder I wasn't getting any responses grin

Thanks a lot for telling me, I'll see if I can't fix this...
Oh, Korg keyboards? Never mind.

If Gary Curran is around, he has great knowledge of keyboards.
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Oh, Korg keyboards? Never mind.
ROFL!! grin
These 2 should lead you to other like the pa4x etc.

PA 1000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=14&v=Tx2cO_clCQI&feature=emb_logo

PA 700

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=Cuc99gh91OA&feature=emb_logo

Mike
Weird, it so happens that this very YT user/company is actually where I've been spending a bulk of last week! laugh
And while their videos are indeed very informative and high on quality (everything sounds "fantastic!"), they're also barred down by being promotional... which means they will always lack any and all critical observations one might have of the products. No wonder really, they are of course wanting you to buy them wink

And then, you can really lose yourself in the rabbit holes that is Youtube "research", you know, and not really come out all that much wiser at the other end. So I'm still hoping someone around here has already had some hands-on experience with this series, if not outright got one.
Hi Icelander, I just noticed this post, though it is an old one. I assume that by now you have made a choice about Korg Arrangers. If not then maybe I can help. I had a Pa4X for around 12 months, lovely feel to the keyboard, impressive styles, able to add extra free styles etc. After 12 months I decided that maybe I should give Band in a Box a try. Having both side by side to compare it soon became apparent that BiaB was far more versatile, and 100% simpler to write and record. In the end I upgraded from Pro to UltraPAK 2020 and sold on the Korg. Just add a MIDI keyboard of your choice and save an awful lot of money for in my humble opinion a much more usable system.
Originally Posted By: TRYUK
Hi Icelander, I just noticed this post, though it is an old one. I assume that by now you have made a choice about Korg Arrangers.
I have, yes, but perhaps not quite in the way you might expect, for as things turned out I actually ended up not getting a Korg at all but a Roland (E-A7)! crazy
Now, this wasn't really the plan, I'll admit, but I started this whole search a good while ago and in between "something happened" on a rather global scale that changed everything, you know (for everyone everywhere!). So I was forced to change my parameters from what was 'desirable' to what was actually obtainable - and this was the result.
Originally Posted By: TRYUK
I decided that maybe I should give Band in a Box a try.===Just add a MIDI keyboard of your choice and save an awful lot of money
Well, obviously I already do have BBox or else I wouldn't be on this forum wink
But for me that still left out the need for sound sources that a bare boned Midi controller wouldn't have (I don't sing and all my music is instrumental, I might add), among other reasons, so I decided against that, at least for the time being
The good news is I still ended up saving "an awful lot of money" since that particular Roland is much cheaper than any of the 'desirables' I initially had on my list.

I appreciate the insights regardless, if not but for future references cool
© PG Music Forums