PG Music Home
HELP!!

A quick question. I’m working with band in a box and have quite a few arrangements ready, however now I have to put the lead melody line in with my fr3x.
1) Can I midi from my 3x to my computer via a midi usb cable? OR
2) Do I need to use an audo interface - (ACCORDION TO INTERFACE THEN USB CABLE TO COMPUTER?)the accordion does have Midi in/out.

3) Or is there a better solution??

I would appreciate any info.
Thanx
Gary
Simplest and cheapest option is to try a MIDI to USB adapter cable first.
Most work fine.
Very inexpensive normally .. but if one end needs to go into an accordion and the other to computer the length/design becomes an issue.
You don't want too much dangling from the accordion plug.

I don't play nor have an accordion, just speaking from the tech side and trying to visualize how you would physically connect it!
I agree with rharv. You'd first want to get a MIDI to USB adapter - they aren't expensive and you can probably get them at Walmart. Can't speak on behalf of Roland, but some products even come with one already.

An audio interface may make the setup in Band-in-a-Box a bit more streamlined, but would be a more expensive option.
Hello RolandVA,

how did that work out?
I am courious, as I also have an midi accordion (not from Roland though).

Cheers
Stefan
You could try a cheapish audio interface with midi as well, that way, none of the sound quality gets lost. I use a old Behringer for my Roland VR FR-4X and it works brilliantly
© PG Music Forums