PG Music Home
After losing my Win7 drive, I have had a new drive with WIN10 and a new Audigy Soundblaster Fx sound card.
There is huge latency from my guitar input when playing to BTs already in the PC or on Memory stick etc - AND when using BiaB to play to. Renders it unusable. I cannot find out on the Net how to reduce/remove this latency. Can anyone offer simple advice please?

My rig is super-simple - guitar-amp modeller-straight into PC via Line in.
BB seems to play without much, if any, latency so why this??

NOTE - the previous old soundcard, used on my XP and Win7, was also an Audigy but an old one and had no latency at all and I don't remember ever having to try and change it - and I wouldnt know how anyway.
Help!
Bests
Ian
HI

Did you get any Audio drivers with you new sound card and have you installed them?

It seems like you may be using Mine drivers these a quite likely to cause latency.

If you did not get any drivers you could try Asio for all. Thishas worked for some on here.
Depending on the version of Biab you could try the Was drivers. If they came with your version.

Mike
Hi Mike
Ive Downloaded Asio4All and the "Instruction Manual" has appeared on screen and the program appears in my programs.
But there is NO control panel (as shown on the PDF) anywhere that I can find.
Is it hidden away somewhere?
This is a brand new HD (2TB) and brand new Win 10.
Bests
Ian
Here are the drivers for you SoundBlaster:

https://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=561&catName=Sound%20Cards&subCatID=1123&prodID=21690&prodName=Sound%20Blaster%20Audigy%20Fx

This also has the applications for the SoundBlaster so the control panel is probably there. Note that the date of this is 2015. Thus there have been no updates in 5 years and in my mind that is not a good thing but YMMV.

I hope this helps.
you should have got asio drivers with the creative sound card. i have an old one ad the asio drivers came with it. alterntatively try the WAS drivers in BIAB. i find they work with no latency but asio is always the best bet
Hi Mario
That did nothing to change the issue.
Bob, I get the same delay from my guitar sound whatever I use if playing along in BB to an SGU file.
I wonder if my very simple chain into the Line In needs to have some kind of Interface now? For sure the old LS card didn't but as t hings move on doesn't mean its always for trhe best. COULD it be a no interface problem? My understanding is that an Audio Interface is a stand alone sound card that just goes in to Line In but how would that change the latency I can hear?
Ian
which drivers are you using? just to clear things up as it does make a difference. have you been into the windows sound set up in control panel? you get a choice of recording devices. its a long shot but if your line in is not set to the soundblaster maybe your pc is reverting to onboard motherboard sound

i don't think you need an interface - you should be able to get the current set up working
Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
which drivers are you using? just to clear things up as it does make a difference. have you been into the windows sound set up in control panel? you get a choice of recording devices. its a long shot but if your line in is not set to the soundblaster maybe your pc is reverting to onboard motherboard sound

i don't think you need an interface - you should be able to get the current set up working

I’d go one step further and disable the onboard sound as it can really interfere. Off memory the Audigy has an ASIO driver. Been years since I used one been using USB audio devices which seemed to present me with fewer issues.

Tony
Do you have other audio programs, and is there latency in those also? You could quickly test by opening a test song in RealBand - that's a DAW that came with your Band-in-a-Box, as you likely know.

You could also go to Options | MIDI Audio Driver Setup | Audio Settings - what is the audio latency is MS set to here?
Ian,

Use the Latency Adjust button in the midi settings. It loads a file named "LatencyAdjust.MGU". The file has a midi click track on the left channel and audio click track on the right channel. You play the song and adjust the latency settings until both channels are synchronized. See page 14 in the Band-in-a-Box user manual.
It has been mentioned a couple of times already but it is important that Windows is using the SoundBlaster as the default sound card. You need to install the ASIO drivers for the SoundBlaster and then you need to choose them in BIAB Audio options tab. Once all that is done you should no longer have a latency problem. If it continues it may be something else that would probably require someone to sit at your computer to figure it out.
© PG Music Forums