PG Music Home
Posted By: Rob Helms Screen sharing with DAWs - 04/18/20 11:41 PM
A friend and I are trying to link our DAWs through screen sharing. So I can see and hear a project and vice versa for him. We have been trying to use zoom. And while I have used zoom to do many meetings and have had content shared with me, I can’t get it to allow him to hear my DAW, and me to hear his DAW. We can hear the conversation, and see the DAWs running.

I did click share computer sound but still no joy.

Are there any better ways to share DAW screens?
Posted By: sslechta Re: Screen sharing with DAWs - 04/19/20 11:34 AM
Share computer sound normally works for me with family. My guess would be that Zoom may be using a default internal sound card while your DAW may be using another. If you can figure out how to set the sound card that your DAW is using as the Windows Default, maybe this will work.
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Screen sharing with DAWs - 04/19/20 12:00 PM
You could try TeamViewer. It would let you see his DAW that both you and he both can control or vice versa

Jeff
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Screen sharing with DAWs - 04/21/20 10:26 AM
Hi Rob - what program are you using to screen share? A quick peruse of the ol' Google and it appears several Skype users have experienced this, but get better results when using Teamviewer or Loopback.

I personally have used Teamviewer with this purpose in mind, and it immediately worked without any issue.
Posted By: Mike. R. Re: Screen sharing with DAWs - 04/21/20 02:55 PM
Hi Rob.
I had a similar issue in getting output in OBS screen capture software.

It turned out that ASIO drivers, which I would imagine you are using, route the sound differently from what the sharing software is listening for if that makes sense.

In the end I used ReaRoute from Reaper as a plug in. Not sure if that would work with your DAW - sorry of this is a half answer but ASIO can behave differently from other sound drivers.

Might be worth experimenting with different output for the sharing session.

Hope you can sort this soon.

Cheers.
Mike.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Screen sharing with DAWs - 04/23/20 08:55 PM
Thanks Derek and Mike I seemed to solve the problem by routing the mike into Input 1 and the audio from Output 3/4 to input 2
© PG Music Forums