PG Music Home
FREE IS THE OPERATIVE WORD!

TIA
You didn't mention what computer type you have, but if a PC using Win10, then I've been using Microsoft's standard Security Essentials (name may have changed recently) which is part of the Win10 setup. Although, I generally keep my music PC offline (using Airplane mode on WiFi), when I do connect, the updates to Security Essentials load quickly and easily. No nags!
Originally Posted By: cfcboc
... Win10, then I've been using Microsoft's standard Security Essentials

Ditto
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Originally Posted By: cfcboc
... Win10, then I've been using Microsoft's standard Security Essentials

Ditto

Another ditto!

I have been running MS Security Essentials (previously Defender) along with the free cCleaner and free Malwarebites for years now with no problems.
Don, I use Windows Security Essentials on both of my computers.
It's just called Windows Security now and it's as good as any other paid A/V. Go to Settings>Update and Security>Windows Security. Unless you deliberately turned it off Donny, it should be running automatically and it's the primary reason you want to have automatic updates set for your system. Every update I've seen includes security updates.

Bob
Windows Security is pretty good, but I personally use the free BitDefender. There is a checkbox in the options to have it not show you "News" that I can't recall what it's called, but after that there are zero nags.
© PG Music Forums