PG Music Home
That is about 300,000K in memory use.

Billy
I get around 10, so maybe .. ever try Firefox (?)
Seems about half
Browsers have to do a lot these days, in all fairness
Thanks, I don't think is is causing any issue. I get around 8 on my i5 machine.

Chrome was not acting right but I fixed that issue. I just never paid any attention before.

Billy

Your browser has a Pelvic Inflammatory Disease?

Did it catch it from you?

What have you been doing????
Probably from messing around with those animated characters. They sometimes have viral conditions that are pretty contagious.

Me? I don't get to "do" much of anything anymore other than look...lol

Some friends suggested a certain type of pharmaceutical. Well...that would be like putting a new flagpole on a condemned building.

I am going to get in trouble yet...lol

Billy
Frankly, I'm not really surprised. Some of those browser type applications are resource hungry. Firefox here at present is using 1.9 Gb of memory, but not getting in the way of anything else.

Attached picture 2021-09-22_1-11-48.jpg
Hi Trev,

It also does not appear to be causing issues for me. I just never noticed it before. I did not even really know what a PID was. I have forgotten more about computers than I care to admit...lol

This started with Chrome not working correctly and having to find out what the issue was. There were Chrome extensions that were corrupted. I had to delete them all and reinstall the ones I needed.

This is most likely normal computer maintenance for someone who knows what they are doing!

Billy
Typically the more tabs you have open, the more processes you'll see in Task Manager. Some tabs will generate more than one process.....
Hi Steve,

Interesting, I just open 10 taps and there were 40 PIds for Chrome.

I sometimes wish I had a wall of computer screens. I like to multi-task or refer back to a photo/article when I am trying to learn and understand something complex.

It is easier to let the computer hold the information than me trying to visualize multistable things in my head.

Billy

Billy,

Some things are just better left untouched my friend.

smile
I guess one could always aspire to become the poster boy for political correctness.

Unfortunately for me, I think that ship has long ago left port.

The best I can hope for is not to cause anyone any severe distress.

That may be impossible with my vocal ability...lol and my propensity for telling slightly off-color jokes...lol

Billy
Originally Posted By: Planobilly
That is about 300,000K in memory use.

Billy

I currently have 58 PIDs with about 1.5gb memory usage. It's normal depending on how hard you're pushing the browser. I currently have 53 tabs open, though many of them have gone to "sleep" thanks to a Chrome extension I use.

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Frankly, I'm not really surprised. Some of those browser type applications are resource hungry. Firefox here at present is using 1.9 Gb of memory, but not getting in the way of anything else.

Chrome tends to plateau around 50% memory usage, depending on system. With 16gb ram on my work desktop I generally see 8gb used by Chrome at a maximum. With 48gb ram on my old Mac I used to see it peak around 24gb used. Not sure exactly what they do for memory management, but it seems to work.
I guess the software is written so that many of the tabs become 'dormant' while not directly in use, maybe swapped out of RAM if resource requirements are limited.
© PG Music Forums