PG Music Home
In the process of repairing Chrome, my computer got mad at me and moved to New York...lol

Billy
Whoa is you. I’m so sorry!
I reckon you should count your blessings. It could have been to Newark, or worse, Camden NJ.
Good news! The computer found its way home with a brief stopover in Ohio. Most likely to say hello to Eddie...lol

I have Youtube TV. It displays the local stations based on your home location.
You can use it when you travel also and it will change to the local stations wherever they exist.

This is a complex government regulatory mess call "The Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act of 2010 or STELA" and I assume it also covers internet/cable re-broadcast of local stations.

Billy
That’s good it has cable listings. Brooklyn has no TV stations.
I use a VPN, and I never know where I'm going to be.

I just opened BestBuy and it says I'm in Morrow GA.

I've been all over the country, no wonder I have jet lag.

Notes ♫
Anyone concerned with internet security should use a VPN. I use Express VPN but it doesn't change locations by itself. I'll do it just for fun and when I do that I see those annoying ads we all get on all the news sites flip to the new area. California drivers get car insurance for free!! Illinois drivers..., New York drivers....etc. It's a real lesson on how these ads work. Exact wording just the location changes.

Bob
Since I shut down my computer every night, or when not at home, my VPN reconnects at least once a day. It chooses the fastest (so it says) connection in the network.

Here in Florida, one never knows when a thunderstorm will happen. That's the reason why I turn off and unplug everything sensitive.

Many years ago I was working in my studio, and I decided to take Mrs. Notes out for lunch. I forgot to unplug everything. A thunderstorm cropped up, a lightning bolt must have hit close, because when I got home, a hardware sampler was fried. I had to send it back to AKAI, and it cost a lot of money to fix.

At home, when the thunderstorms approach, I also shut down and unplug.

It's the ounce of prevention.

Notes ♫
The only issue with my computer thinking is in another city is with youtube TV.

The programming is not the same in every city. There are legal issues that prevent me from watching CBS/ABC/NBC in Los Angles from Miami for example.

Billy

Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
It's the ounce of prevention.

Yes, that little ounce of prevention often pays off. Good advice.
© PG Music Forums