PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle Win 11 Slows AMD CPUs 3-15% Fixes Coming - 10/06/21 10:23 PM
+++ Tom's Hardware Article +++
Thanks Jim for the article.

If that is the case, then this is quite serious for AMD processor users, but more importantly, it's surprising that the O/S developer didn't identify such a potential issue earlier.
Hey Jim, I just checked on Tom's Hardware again today and the first Win11 patches came out this week. It appears they have not fixed the AMD issue yet but AMD is quoted as saying it will be fixed sometime this month.

In other news at Tom's, they do have links to patches/scripts to bypass the TPM requirements for Win11. So there are ways to get around this and have Win11 installed. I'm getting closer to starting the install process on one of my machines....
The cutting edge has always been the bleeding edge.

I tend to wait until the dust settles, and the fixes slow down in frequency, before I jump in.

Notes ♫
Jumping in may not be an option here depending on age of your computer.
Latest news indicates the AMD issues are corrected.
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Latest news indicates the AMD issues are corrected.

Yup, I posted the same yesterday in Off Topic on my Win11 post over there......
And +++ HERE +++ is Steve's thread. I failed to provide a link in my last post. The last post has a link to AMD's website indicating the issue is resolved.

Steve, I apologize for the oversight. I was wanting to close the loop in this thread.
No worries, all good sir!
© PG Music Forums