PG Music Home
I have occasion to RECORD WHAT I HEAR and save it as an mp3. I had been using an app that has since been loaded with malware and I am afraid to try it again.
Don, what app are you using now, and what kind of computer (Mac, Windows, what OS, surface, laptop etc.)?

I use my very old copy of Adobe Audition for this purpose, but I don't think this is available anymore. Do you have a DAW? It's really just a question of selecting the input device.
Hey good buddy, I use the free Audacity for that purpose. If you let us know what you want to record we can help you further.
Audacity is great!

...Deb
another vote for audacity
There is also the possibility that your sound card driver might offer a "loopback" device, which routes the outgoing audio to a virtual input. You would then see that as an option in any audio recording software you might have, likely labeled "Stereo Mix" or something similar.

The quick and dirty option is to plug the output of your soundcard to the input, then record. It's certainly low-tech, but might get the job done quicker than installing another program!
Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music
The quick and dirty option is to plug the output of your soundcard to the input, then record. It's certainly low-tech, but might get the job done quicker than installing another program!

If you try this be sure that your speaker and/or headphone volumes are very low. If you get a feedback loop it will be a squeal and if your volume(s) are high you could cause damage to your speaker or more important to your ears.
Also important; what device (audio interface/driver) is being used?
It may make a difference in how to approach this.
Real Band will record as well
I use Studio One and my PreSonus interface using the virtual inputs that are available from the control panel for the interface.
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music

If you try this be sure that your speaker and/or headphone volumes are very low. If you get a feedback loop it will be a squeal and if your volume(s) are high you could cause damage to your speaker or more important to your ears.

That's true, I didn't think of it at the time. In the recording program, you would want to mute it's output so it's not trying to play sound while it's recording.

Originally Posted By: RoyReddy
Real Band will record as well

RealBand will only record what the computer is currently playing if there's a loopback or Stereo Mix option in the sound card driver.
© PG Music Forums