PG Music Home
Posted By: justanoldmuso Need wired earbud recommends for xmas. - 11/08/21 12:07 PM
budget under 80 buckies.
need wired earbud in ear recommends.
not bothered bout isolation as much cos i like to crank
my geetar amp and play along to songs i'm hearing over
the earbuds.

there are sooo many brands it boggles my mind.
a brand called kz look interesting...any feedback on tthem...
what about panasonic ergofit...cheapies.

as everyone is listening to songs these days on earbuds..
i tend to mix down useing them.

on another note...monitors.
been saveing for awhile.
like the adams. listened to krk's n tried to love them many times, but for some reason i cant put my finger on...dont float my boat.
prob with monitors is...most of world is useing garbage
speakers often and not the fancy shmancy stuff us pg'ers
or studios might use. i also like tannoy dual concentrics...but mebe i got a bias there from my time recording in big studios..

other thing that bugs moi is monitors these days are puny in power...not like cerwins used to be.
what about cerwin powered speakers...

https://cerwinvega.com/home/hi-fi-speakers-and-subs/sl-series.html

any ideas welcome.

best
pm
Posted By: rharv Re: Need wired earbud recommends for xmas. - 11/08/21 07:32 PM
Why do the earbuds need to be wired?
If you are going to try listening to WAV files or DAW work with them, well that kind of defeats the purpose; their intent is to make compressed MP3 type stuff sound OK.
For that I went with the Earfun ones recommended here by someone (I think Bud&Janice) and others that tried them ended up getting them also, but those are for phone use and wireless.
It you are gonna be wired might as well go for some headphones, like the ATH M40's or M80's, don't assume a bigger number is better; try them if at all possible.
I found I like the 40's better than the 80's, but others differ.

Monitors, you're on your own, so many out there, but Adams have had a good rep for a long time if you can swing them.

I went to Axpona before the pandemic and heard some phenomenal powered speakers of various brands played direct from laptop (FLAC files). There's a lot of good stuff out there.
Rharv.
got ath...yep good.
ive tried wireless...not too keen.
cos of....
rechargeing etc. thus wired.
just like iem's rather than big hphones.

but will look at earfun.
thanks.
om
Posted By: DebMurphy Re: Need wired earbud recommends for xmas. - 11/09/21 07:00 AM
For my phone, I went back to wired buds. I did not care for the sound of several different models of wireless nor the short battery life.

For music creation, I found a set of headphones I like.

Hope that helps.

...Deb
Everything I have is wired. Don't know, but have heard, that wireless introduces a slight lag. So for DAW work or live playing...wired is best. Any truth to that?

Jeff
Beyerdynamics minted !!
© PG Music Forums