PG Music Home
Posted By: Mercurio Neddd some help - 04/28/22 07:43 PM
Hi, I'm new here, not sure if I'm in the right page...
Have been using BIAB for a long time, I usually get all the sounds I like and then make .wav separate tracks...Lately When I go to do that, I get the separates but the track are only partial. Sometimes if I shut down and reboot I get the full track, not all the time.
The midi I can produce but the audio.
Any of you experience anything similar? Any idea?
Thank you for any help on this.
Dom
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Neddd some help - 04/28/22 09:38 PM
Welcome to the forums Dom.

Could you let us know what version of BiaB you are using and what is the build number shown in brackets? (You can get this info from Help > About)

Do the WAV files all stop at the same length or is this variable (some WAV files are shorter / longer in time)?
Posted By: Mercurio Re: Neddd some help - 04/29/22 07:32 AM
Hi,
The BiaB version is a 2011 (313)
All wav file stop at the same point, sometimes I can make a full mix in full lenght.
Regards
Dom
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Neddd some help - 04/29/22 09:08 AM
Hi Dom. Is that for Windows or Mac?

Others may be able to help here, but this is a group of users and it’s hard for me to remember what BIAB did that long ago. One thing you could try is to call PG Music Support or Live Chat with them. The info you need is found in the Support tab above.
Posted By: Mercurio Re: Neddd some help - 04/29/22 09:17 AM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Hi Dom. Is that for Windows or Mac?

Others may be able to help here, but this is a group of users and it’s hard for me to remember what BIAB did that long ago. One thing you could try is to call PG Music Support or Live Chat with them. The info you need is found in the Support tab above.

Window10....Thanks for the tip
Posted By: DrDan Re: Neddd some help - 04/29/22 09:35 AM
Too little info and too long ago to help you. But you can try to search the forum for your problem. If it was happening back then, it will be documented there.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Neddd some help - 04/29/22 09:54 AM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Too little info and too long ago to help you. But you can try to search the forum for your problem. If it was happening back then, it will be documented there.

Searching the string 'WAV' for the last 11 years? I suspect there will be quite a few results (like 800 or so) cry
But, you never know...
Posted By: Mercurio Re: Neddd some help - 04/29/22 10:00 AM

Hi guys
Thanks for the ideas...
Dom
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Neddd some help - 04/29/22 10:05 AM
Originally Posted By: mercurio

Hi guys
Thanks for the ideas...
Dom

I think that the suggestion of contacting PG Music Support is your best starting place.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Neddd some help - 04/29/22 10:21 AM
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent

Searching the string 'WAV' for the last 11 years? I suspect there will be quite a few results (like 800 or so) cry
But, you never know...

No the quiry above is only 2011 - 2012, 1 year. But there were a lot of hits. Like I said we need better key words to do the search well.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Neddd some help - 04/29/22 10:39 AM
Apologies, Dan. I missed the end date. But I agree, we need more info. This cannot be common, or we would have known about such an issue by now.

I wonder does the O/P have running or start any other programs while the WAV file is being generated?
Posted By: Mercurio Re: Neddd some help - 04/29/22 10:53 AM
[quote

I wonder does the O/P have running or start any other programs while the WAV file is being generated? [/quote]

No usually its the only program beeing used...
It did happen occasionally before I added Reaper Portable, but I was able to make it work by shutting down and restarting...Now it won't make the separate wav files
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Neddd some help - 04/29/22 11:48 AM
First thing, do Options, Return to Factory Settings. Retest and report back.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Neddd some help - 04/29/22 11:53 AM
When I first used 2011. I would open the BIAB file in Realband. Then I would export all the tracks to wav files. That is about all I can remember from the 2011 version..
Posted By: Mercurio Re: Neddd some help - 04/29/22 01:10 PM
Ok Thanks
I'll try that, I might have done that at one point , it won't hurt to rty again...Thank you again
Posted By: Mercurio Re: Neddd some help - 04/29/22 01:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
When I first used 2011. I would open the BIAB file in Realband. Then I would export all the tracks to wav files. That is about all I can remember from the 2011 version..

Ive done that before, but if I remember correctly, the files directly from BiaB sounded better
Posted By: Mercurio Re: Neddd some help - 04/29/22 04:22 PM

Hi Matt....That looks like worked...I was able to get full tracks, Thanks for your help
Dom
Posted By: Mercurio Re: Neddd some help - 04/29/22 04:27 PM
It worked, I went back to factory settings
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Neddd some help - 04/29/22 05:08 PM
Very good. That's always the first thing to do when BIAB does not do what you know it did/should.

In recent years, well after your version I think, this command first prompts you to save your preferences so they can be recalled after doing the return to factory settings. For this and a myriad of other improvements, I recommend you consider upgrading when you can.
Posted By: Mercurio Re: Neddd some help - 04/29/22 05:48 PM
Very good. That's always the first thing to do when BIAB does not do what you know it did/should.

In recent years, well after your version I think, this command first prompts you to save your preferences so they can be recalled after doing the return to factory settings. For this and a myriad of other improvements, I recommend you consider upgrading when you can.
Thank you again...Soon I'll be looking at a new PC and then I will upgrade BIAB also
Regards
Dom
Posted By: DrDan Re: Neddd some help - 04/29/22 07:37 PM
RTFS - BIAB 2211! The more things change, the more they remain the same. crazy
Good call Matt. grin
© PG Music Forums