PG Music Home
Posted By: Island Soul Read Only Hard Drive Issue [Resolved] - 06/05/22 02:27 PM
I posted this way long ago here. I’ve been having a huge issue for while where I cannot write on my Mac compatible external hard drives any more. I think every hard drive is read only with the exception being my BIAB hard drive. My BIAB drive switch to being a host for a software to help recover files from other drives and a regular hard drive. I can no longer use BIAB with it. I don’t know what has happened but I will be taking my Mac to get fixed and find out the issue. If any other Mac owner has had this issue let me know. My Mac is a 2014 MacBook Pro and I am not willing to replace it if I don’t have to. New ones are expensive and the switch to new connector ports and USB-C charging seems like they made the news one easier to break.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Read Only Hard Drive Issue - 06/05/22 02:35 PM
Island Soul,

May I suggest you also post your question in the +++ Macintosh +++ forum section? I don't know how many Apple users look in this section since the majority of the posts seem to be from Window users.
Posted By: mrgeeze Re: Read Only Hard Drive Issue - 06/06/22 09:48 AM
could be something as simple as permissions on the external drive(s).

Try this

Reset Permission On the External Hard Drive

Right-click the external hard drive, and from the context, click on opt Get Info.
Expand Sharing & Permissions and hit on the lock icon.
Provide the admin password.
Check the 'Ignore ownership on this volume' checkbox at the bottom.

This might work for you
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Read Only Hard Drive Issue - 06/07/22 03:04 PM
Quote:
I cannot write on my Mac compatible external hard drives any more.

Specifically what happens when you try to copy a file to the external hard drive?

What mac OS do you have?
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Read Only Hard Drive Issue - 06/07/22 08:01 PM
We have a tutorial that goes over what steps to try if you are experienced a read-only issue: http://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_bbm_nonadmin.htm

If you need further assistance with it please let us know!
Posted By: Island Soul Re: Read Only Hard Drive Issue - 09/15/22 09:48 AM
If I try to copy stuff to my hard drives, it will not allow my to.
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: Read Only Hard Drive Issue - 09/15/22 10:41 AM
Originally Posted By: Island Soul
If I try to copy stuff to my hard drives, it will not allow my to.

Is this a problem only with Band In A Box, or is it a general problem with your Mac?

You will almost certainly have to give more information about what you are trying to do and how you are trying to do it for anyone to be able to help.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Read Only Hard Drive Issue - 09/15/22 01:31 PM
Hmm, is this still the same problem from a few months ago? We still need answers to....

-Specifically what happens when you try to copy a file to the external hard drive?

-What mac OS do you have? (You can find out in Apple menu | About this Mac)
Posted By: Island Soul Re: Read Only Hard Drive Issue - 12/08/22 02:42 PM
My old Mac finally died so I had to get a new one. Band In a Box audiophilele edition 2022 is working well.
© PG Music Forums