PG Music Home
I have a lot of problems loading pgmusic.com. Pages load partially and then get stuck. Or they won't load at all. I have no problems with any other web sites that I use, just pgmusic.com. I've tried using other browsers and resetting Chrome. I have this problem on two different devices, my pc and a Chromebook. Appreciate any help.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Problems loading the BIAB web site - 10/10/22 09:31 PM
The forum pages usually load very quickly, but in the past week I have seen slow responses and partial loads occurring. Other sites all load OK. This may be related to the issue you are seeing.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Problems loading the BIAB web site - 11/08/22 03:54 AM
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
I have a lot of problems loading pgmusic.com. Pages load partially and then get stuck. Or they won't load at all. I have no problems with any other web sites that I use, just pgmusic.com. I've tried using other browsers and resetting Chrome. I have this problem on two different devices, my pc and a Chromebook. Appreciate any help.

This often happens to me to and has been doing so for a number of months on and off. It's almost like there is one server in the bunch that's a "no through road", and if you're unfortunate enough to land on it, you go nowhere.

When it happens to me these days, I don't persevere, I just go and do something else and comeback later.

I used to find it particularly frustrating when I spent time typing a reply to someone's problem and then when I click "Submit", the page stalls and doesn't load my submission. Many times, I've waited "on hold" for many minutes, but it still doesn't kick in. I've learnt from this experience and now I copy my text and save it in a running document before I click on "Submit".

Noel
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Problems loading the BIAB web site - 11/08/22 09:12 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
... I've learnt from this experience and now I copy my text and save it in a running document before I click on "Submit".

Good move Noel, and one I use myself quite often. yes, it's quite frustrating to put a significant effort into an entry, only to lose the lot because of an outage somewhere else.
Trev
Posted By: MarioD Re: Problems loading the BIAB web site - 11/08/22 10:46 AM
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
The forum pages usually load very quickly, but in the past week I have seen slow responses and partial loads occurring. Other sites all load OK. This may be related to the issue you are seeing.

Same here. I have found that leaving the site then returning to it solves the problem.
Posted By: rharv Re: Problems loading the BIAB web site - 11/08/22 09:28 PM
Tricks I've used over thee years ..

Reload in new instance of browser (close browser and re-open it)
Clear browsing history for the last 24 hours (sometimes helps to clear cached local content)
FlushDNS (command line) .. makes your system relocate the path to the site by looking for the path fresh instead of using a cache

Use TraceRT in a command line .. shows if there is simply some device between you and the site causing the delay, which is kind of like knowing there is an accident on a given highway and things are backed up and getting rerouted.

/It is after all an information highway and maybe you are getting detoured through Chicago instead of Toronto/Montreal (for example) because some device has failed

It is actually pretty amazing how efficient the internet is at handling problems like this, but it does occur where a single device failing affects one location and not another (or more than another) on a given path ..

Really hard to say without access to said machine
Posted By: etcjoe Re: Problems loading the BIAB web site - 11/09/22 12:30 PM
Usually an F5 refreshes/loads the page in Chrome. Some update in Chrome caused this a while back. Every other time I load PG Music page I get a "text" version of the page and not the html version, if that make sense. Do not have that problem with Edge.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Problems loading the BIAB web site - 11/09/22 12:59 PM
Eleven years on the forum and I’ve never experienced that. I’m on a Mac/Safari setup with only 20 down/2 up mbs.

Bud
© PG Music Forums