PG Music Home
Posted By: Icelander Tooting my own horn - 09/15/16 10:04 PM
I guess I can somewhat pass this for "educational" (as opposed to blatant self-promotion), for the concept of this youtube playlist is all about how useful BBox is for trying out different arrangement ideas, so I used well known songs to further that point: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsn-Cu_2WJA7CO73kab6B-eIW-ADj0nvr
The videos only use the program's own "graphics" (if you can even call it that), the whole thing created & put together straight from the Box. On the positive side of that, you could say this actually helps with that whole "educational" aspect of them, for they reveal all the many chord changes & choices I made to suite each arrangement.

p.s. I'm noticing now that all my previous posts & submissions to this place went into one thread by mistake, but I don't have the power to move them (in case some moderator spots this and can fix). My bad smirk
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Tooting my own horn - 09/16/16 12:19 PM
Hi Icelander, Thank you for sharing this! - Its great to see great classical pieces broken down to help understand their progressions. - I like your rendition of Prelude in Em well done!
Posted By: Icelander Re: Tooting my own horn - 09/16/16 12:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hi Icelander, Thank you for sharing this! - Its great to see great classical pieces broken down to help understand their progressions. - I like your rendition of Prelude in Em well done!
I had a lot of fun doing these, so I'm glad you liked them. That prelude was particularly tricky because I didn't use any BBox song as template (I haven't even checked if it's included), but opted to transcribe the chords by hand from sheet. And then jazzing those chords up went well beyond the automated way, as I'm sure people will notice by looking closer at those chords (I haven't used this many flat & sharp 5ths in my life!).

Always such a treat & honour to receive acknowledgement from staff, thank you cool
Posted By: lambada Re: Tooting my own horn - 09/17/16 04:31 AM
Ha. Finally the 'penny's dropped' as we say in England. I hadn't realised you were in the BIAB family until I saw this. I guess I'm a slow learner... Thanks for your kind words about my playing. You may enjoy this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Xmktu6af4

Posted By: Icelander Re: Tooting my own horn - 09/18/16 02:15 PM
Originally Posted By: lambada
I hadn't realised you were in the BIAB family until I saw this. I guess I'm a slow learner... Thanks for your kind words about my playing. You may enjoy this..
Yes, I'm afraid I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to mentioning my usage of BBox up front (outside this place, of course), mainly to avoid those pesky "but you didn't really do anything!" haters you'll particularly find on youtube.
You're quite welcome to those "kind words", as you call it. They were earned and deserved!
Ta back for this latest clip. Even if it hasn't anything to do with BBox then, as a member of a choir myself, I did indeed like it a lot - Cheers cool
© PG Music Forums