PG Music Home
Posted By: JoanneCooper Using BIAB "Save as Video" function - 09/19/17 04:12 PM
The tip published by PG Music on the 18th of September was how to save your BIAB file as a video. I never knew this existed!! I think I might enjoy this feature....

Here is a basic backing track in C major for Amazing Grace. You can use this track to try and pick out the melody by ear or to just play and sing along to.

I am busy with an ear training course with Musical U and I think the folks there, that don't have band-in-Box, may enjoy these videos.

Amazing Grace Practice Track in C Major (folk swing 110 bpm)
Posted By: lambada Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function - 09/19/17 09:38 PM
Fairly rockin' cool grin
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function - 09/19/17 11:49 PM
RealBand has that also now.
There's a free avi to mp4 converter here to convert the very large avi to smaller mp4 video:

Biab Songs On iPad/Tablets
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function - 09/21/17 04:03 AM
Band-in-a-Box is really the most awesome tool (as if we didnt know that!)

Someone on Musical U said they wished they had this track in a Hawaiian style. So bang, presto, change the style in BIAB, make a video and upload to Youtube. In about 5 minutes flat! Btw, he then asked if that was me on the Pedal Steel wink

Band-in-a-Box Amazing Grace practice track in C (Hawaiian swing 110 bmp)
Posted By: Bernard Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function - 09/21/17 05:17 AM
errr! Is it possible to DOWNLOAD the Utube video in Band in a Box in order to practise without internet? (incredible, you give them one feature and they just want more!!)
Bernard
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function - 09/21/17 05:21 AM
Bernard Do you have and iphone, ipad or android phone? if so you can save the video to view when you are offline.

Here is how..

How to save a Youtube video Offline

Posted By: Pipeline Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function - 09/21/17 05:27 AM
https://youtubemultidownloader.com/
Posted By: Bernard Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function - 09/21/17 05:45 AM
Thanks for a quick reply (dont you go to sleep at some time?!!).
Unfortunately, I do not have any of these devil devices!) Just have a computer in order to have fun with Band in a Box!!
Anyway, dont get stressed, it was just a question, of course I can stay tuned to UTube and follow "amazing grace" all right...
Rgds from Germany,
Bernard
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function - 09/21/17 05:59 AM
Hi bernard. I live in South Africa so it is mid morning here smile

You can use a screen capture program as mentioned by pipeline. I also use www.bandicam.com to make videos from m the screen. You can save it to your C drive and view whenever you want.

Otherwise you can copy the settings and make your own Biab file smile
Posted By: Bernard Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function - 09/21/17 06:18 AM
What? you want me to do some manual work? (transcribing? like in the pre-computer era). You re not serious!
Anyway, all your tips noted, thanks a lot, carry on with the videos...
Rgds
Bernard
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function - 09/21/17 08:47 AM
Just go here https://youtubemultidownloader.com/
and paste this link in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w--jsfarT6M and it will let you download the youtube videos.
Posted By: Bernard Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function - 09/21/17 10:32 AM
OK, worked perfectly, thanks for the tip...
Bernard
Keep on with the great videos and help, Joanne! They're an incredible asset to many, as it would so seem smile
Posted By: Icelander Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function - 09/21/17 02:42 PM
Wow, how can you not know this feature was in there, Jo, it's been included for at least 3 years now! crazy

Anyway, since this method gives you the chords right into the video, it could potentially make those "educational" clips of your cover songs a whole lot simpler to make cool

p.s. I know you were just whipping out those two demos real quick for the sake of showcasing the feature, and that you're obviously busy with other things, and I'm nothing but a big nitpicker here and yadayada, but well...both of them have the wrong chord at the end smirk
Posted By: lambada Re: Using BIAB "Save as Video" function - 09/24/17 03:04 AM
Hi

I get an audio recording on the video but just a black screen for the video itself on my PC. I've tried different codecs and different dimensions. I just used 'Show video file' not 'Upload to Youtube'. I've got two screens, a TV and a monitor and I moved BIAB to both, but still just a blank screen. When I export from BIAB to Youtube. it works fine. See below: (I was just trying to demonstrate/test lyrics)

https://youtu.be/gCVg3q56Ols

Also, the BIAB Save as Video pop up screen hides behind the BIAB main screen. (I reckon that's a bug.) I also have to import it into Youtube. The drag option won't work.

© PG Music Forums