PG Music Home
Cherish - The Association

This is a Lyric Music Video I created in Windows Movie Maker in just a few minutes. I imported a background photo, downloaded the song lyrics and cut/pasted the lyrics using the Captions Button. I added a Title and Credits and then imported my audio and checked the Fit to Music Button, saved and done.

The song was done completely in Band in a Box 2018. I started by importing a MIDI file. This populated the chord chart and placed the midi on the Melody Track. Using the Sequencer, I removed the melody tracks from the midi file as well as other tracks that I wanted BIAB generated tracks to play.

In the StylePicker, I searched for the song title - Cherish. From the search list, I was actually satisfied with the first style on the list;

_GRVYPNO.STY - Memo: Instruments include acoustic piano, jazz funk drums, electric bass, organ, and acoustic guitar. Tempo=110 (90-130). I added the RealTrack 2975 Ooohs & Aaahs for some background vocals to complete the track.

Cherish, written by Terry Kirkman and recorded by The Association was #1 for three weeks in 1966.

Enjoy singing along and comments are welcome.
Posted By: jford Re: Lyric Video of Cherish by The Association - 01/02/18 09:43 AM
Very nice, Charlie. I was definitely singing along.
Great arrangement Charlie

(I cannot tell a lie. I was singing along too)
John and Trevor,

Thanks for the kind comments and the sing alongs....

Charlie
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Lyric Video of Cherish by The Association - 01/04/18 04:50 AM
Hey Charlie!

Add me to the John and Trevor world choir, too. I remember this song so clearly from when I was quite a bit younger. It's a great arrangement that you've put together smile

It's pretty good way to start 2018!

All the best for the new year.
Noel
Quote:
Add me to the John and Trevor world choir, too.

Ha ha, "world choir". I did get more than a smile from that one. grin
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Quote:
Add me to the John and Trevor world choir, too.

Ha ha, "world choir". I did get more than a smile from that one. grin

Noel's remark had me thinking there's a "We are the World" kind of thing going on here at the forum...

or at least some future candidates for ooh & aah's RealTracks.

I'm glad all of you enjoyed the arrangement. I was amazed to learn the song is as old as it turned out to be when I researched the composer to include in the credits.
Hi Charlie,

I'm late to the party, but I want to congratulate you on the nice versions of CHERISH and LISTEN TO THE MUSIC you've posted recently! You make a good point about starting with a MIDI file that already contains the signature passages. MIDI files are available from many sources, and its a great way to start a cover song in BIAB.

I've always manually entered my own MIDI in the Piano roll editor, so I guess my approach makes it harder than it has to be... (and also skewed my opinion about how hard it is to make great-sounding cover songs with BIAB.)

Thanks to you and 90db for providing such good examples of what's possible.
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Hi Charlie,

I'm late to the party, but I want to congratulate you on the nice versions of CHERISH and LISTEN TO THE MUSIC you've posted recently! You make a good point about starting with a MIDI file that already contains the signature passages. MIDI files are available from many sources, and its a great way to start a cover song in BIAB.

I've always manually entered my own MIDI in the Piano roll editor, so I guess my approach makes it harder than it has to be... (and also skewed my opinion about how hard it is to make great-sounding cover songs with BIAB.)

Thanks to you and 90db for providing such good examples of what's possible.

Thanks. I suggested using MIDI for songs to Joanne Cooper some time back and she did a wonderful and thorough step by step tutorial Blog on her website that's useful to beginners and the more advanced as well.
Nice work here, Charlie. The lyric video is spot on, and you did a great job on your rendition of this song! Very easy to sing along to - thanks for sharing smile
Thanks for stopping by Deryk. It was a fun project to do and I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Lyric Video of Cherish by The Association - 03/02/18 08:14 PM
Charlie,

This is great! One of my favorite songs. Well done.

Regards,

Bob
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Charlie,

This is great! One of my favorite songs. Well done.

Regards,

Bob

Thanks for listening. It's one of my favorites too.
© PG Music Forums