PG Music Home
A great song from the Toy Story film series.
I can't post my 'original' guitar audio recording of this great tune in Showcase as a) it's a 'cover' and b) I dont do video.
But - my good friend Phil McGarrick DOES do video and he's a pretty good guitarist too.
So here is his video of him playing my arrangement of 'You've Got A Friend In Me' to my BIAB BT. Hope you followed all that. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96PhmFkYGVw

The arrangement was created entirely in BIAB, apart from the Clarinet which is a separate audio recording added at the DAW stage.
The Style is _2Pence with additional RTs -
RealTracks in style: 1205:Bass, Acoustic, GypsyJazzBallad Sw 110 ('A' Only)
RealTracks in style: 1791:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm DixielandMedium Sw 110
RealTracks in style: 1210:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm GypsyJazzBalladJohn Sw 110
RealTracks in style: 1966:Clarinet, Soloist DixielandMediumA-B Sw 110
RealTracks in song: 1543:Synth Pad, PopBelieve Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 1792:Tuba, DixielandMedium Sw 110
RealDrums [in style:NashvilleBrushesHillbillySwing: a: Sidestick, Brushesb: Brushes, Stick

Don't you just love that beautiful Gibson J200.
The more I attempt with BIAB, the more amazed I am at its capabilities and what it draws out of me.
Cheers
Ian
Great performance. Phil delivered a masterful rendition, (as I'm sure others here have equally done...)
Excellent!
Great BT and guitar playing!
Great playing. Check out this one he did. Really interesting perspective with the camera mounted on the head stock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9UlAOWRceM

Jeff
Hi Ian,

Outstanding!

This is a terrific song and your arrangement of shines. I compliment Phil to for his interpretation of your work. The two of you have created an fine Youtube presentation!

All the best,
Noel
This is really fantastic! The arrangement was really on point.
Ian,

What a great song arrangement! Thank you for sharing this with us. In my opinion your song arrangement is professional quality.

PG Music should obtain the rights to this performance and use it to demonstrate how powerful and professional sounding Band-in-a-Box can be when used by someone that is talented, knowledgeable and skilled.
Sorry for the delay.
Thank you to all who commented on the very kind words both for Phil and myself. Much appreciated.
It was Trev (our VideoTrack) who got me on the right road in a Post in the General section by offering _2Pence as a Style that might suit what I looking for. Boy, did it!
Filled it out with a few extra RTs - that TUBA for example is perfect in there.
I use it now in my general Club Night 'gigs' Set and it always comes as a big surprise as its is so different to my normal "Shadows" type material.
Very bests
Ian and Phil
Nice!
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Nice!

Succinct. Lol.
Many thanks for listening. Glad you liked it.
Cheers
Ian
© PG Music Forums