PG Music Home
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Christmas Without You - 12/09/20 07:33 PM
https://youtu.be/kSXXoncI3g4

Playback including backing vocals come from BIAB. In addition, there are some bells, additional drums and pad sounds and, of course, the lead vocal.

I am a BIAB user from Germany and this is my first post here. It's a Christmas song reflecting about feelings of loneliness during Corona lockdown. Hope you enjoy it and maybe even relate to it.
Posted By: lambada Re: Christmas Without You - 12/18/20 08:17 AM
You have a typo on the 1st screen Anfully! Nice song.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Christmas Without You - 12/18/20 04:19 PM
Uwe Fischer,

Welcome to the forum and to Band-in-a-Box. This is an excellent sounding mix. The song has an interesting arrangement and the mix itself is clear and polished.

Do you have a German mix available for comparison? I would be interested in also hearing it to compare how the vocal phrasing matches between the two.
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Re: Christmas Without You - 12/19/20 08:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Uwe Fischer,

Welcome to the forum and to Band-in-a-Box. This is an excellent sounding mix. The song has an interesting arrangement and the mix itself is clear and polished.

Do you have a German mix available for comparison? I would be interested in also hearing it to compare how the vocal phrasing matches between the two.

Hi Jim, thanks a lot. I am not exactly sure what you mean by German mix...do you mean a German language version of the song? I do not have yet although I have the lrics already in my drawer. Or did I misunderstand you?
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Re: Christmas Without You - 12/19/20 08:07 PM
Originally Posted By: lambada
You have a typo on the 1st screen Anfully! Nice song.

Thanks for the comment. I checked back and know what you mean. But it is not a typo. Actually it is w but the font makes it look like n. I will not use this font anymore. Good that you pointed it out.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Christmas Without You - 12/19/20 10:34 PM
Uwe Fischer,

Yes I mean a German language version of the song.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Christmas Without You - 12/19/20 11:02 PM
I think the addition of the bells really gave the song that extra bit of charm to really push the holiday vibe! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Re: Christmas Without You - 12/20/20 11:47 AM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Uwe Fischer,

Yes I mean a German language version of the song.

Hi Jim, I will let you know if I record my German version. Currently it is not planned, I am a little bit late by now.
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Re: Christmas Without You - 12/20/20 11:47 AM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
I think the addition of the bells really gave the song that extra bit of charm to really push the holiday vibe! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks, Ember
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Christmas Without You - 12/20/20 04:43 PM
Very nice (and topical).

Good work.

Merry Christmas to you and the band.
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Re: Christmas Without You - 12/23/20 08:15 PM
Hi Jim, not sure if this may interest you but someone wrote a Dutch text to my song and sang it live. If you want to listen to that version you will find it here:
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJGmPtkACRc/

Regards, Uwe
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Christmas Without You - 12/30/20 04:26 PM
Uwe,

Thank you for remembering my question and updating the thread.
© PG Music Forums