PG Music Home
Posted By: sixchannel WINDSONG OF TAHITI - Steel and Strat - 01/01/21 04:19 PM

In need of a reminder of warm beaches, sunshine, - freedom?
A duet between my friend Kay Das, the celebrated steel guitar player from California who stayed with us a short while, and yours truly. Recorded in the magnificence of my enormous Recording Studio - see video. Lol.
BT created one night, literally on the spot, by me in Band In A Box.
Any duff chords, blame Kay. The arguments we had over 'its F", "oh no its not not, its Fmaj7" and so on. Great, fun times!

https://youtu.be/g4fqd4UuiTI

Happy New Year
Ian & Kay
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: WINDSONG OF TAHITI - Steel and Strat - 01/02/21 05:52 PM
Extremely enjoyable guys. Yes, this immediately transports us to an island paradise.

Excellent. I'm looking for a Margarita grin
That was really nice guys! Brings back thoughts of being able to travel again....anywhere!

Jeff
Posted By: Frank Alves Re: WINDSONG OF TAHITI - Steel and Strat - 01/04/21 03:01 PM
Wonderfully done! My wife and I honeymooned in Tahiti. I'd like to know your guitar setup...amp, pedals, etc?
Posted By: sixchannel Re: WINDSONG OF TAHITI - Steel and Strat - 01/04/21 04:08 PM
Hi Trev, Jeff and Frank and thank you for your kind comments - they are much appreciated.
Frank - welcome to the K.I.S.S Studios. I can't comment on Kays steel guitar, how he plays on so beautifully is a total mystery to me.
But this guitar is a bespoke Stratocaster made to my spec in 2007. - Alder body, BI maple neck, Kinman FV pickups, genuine 1960s Strat bridge etc. It runs into Boss CS3 set lightly to an Alesis Q2 echo unit then via JOYO ACTONE Vox amp emulator to a Cakewalk Guitar Pro2 DAW (from 2004) in Win XP PC. Yes - XP.
Nothing complicated or even new apart from the Strat - and even she's 14 years old this year.
Bests
Ian
This song definitely took me away to a nice, quiet, peaceful tropical paradise where all my worries could just melt away. Thanks for sharing it!
Posted By: Sundance Re: WINDSONG OF TAHITI - Steel and Strat - 01/22/21 03:40 AM
Very pretty Ian.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: WINDSONG OF TAHITI - Steel and Strat - 01/22/21 05:52 PM
Hi Ember and Sundance,
thank you for listening and watching.
It is much appreciated.
Ian and Kay
Absolutely gorgeous- I loved this. Definitely transported me to a nicer place ... for a moment, then looked outside to the usual pouring rain (for this time of year where we are).

Thanks for sharing smile
© PG Music Forums