PG Music Home
Posted this on Youtube in 2012 and I have to thank Band in a Box for helping me get over 100 thousand views, of course a little guesswork as to what you think people might search Youtube for, helps too.

Doesn't have to be a great song either, all the tracks are midi, except for the realdrums, accordion notated in biab as well.

Foreman for Murphy
It just got one more view grin
It all adds up!

smile
That's awesome! I had a question if you don't mind...do you make any money off those views at all? You don't have to answer if you don't want. I am thinking about starting a youtube channel and I am doing research. So I was curious.

Thank you for the consideration.
You can find this answer all over the internet. You can make money, it takes a whole lot of views to do so at any level that could be called real income. There are many who make tons of money, but they are the exceptions not the rule. It can be done, you have to persevere, make new content all the time, and get the word out. Understanding the algorithm is also vital, as it is how you drive people to your channel.
The real money is selling to your viewers, merchandise, memberships in your club, your music, or lessons or whatever it is you are selling. There is no shortcut. There are plenty of you tube videos that purport to tell you how to do this. There also plenty of scams that will try to sell you how to do this.
If you just want to have some fun and try, no harm of course. And, who knows you could hit the jackpot. It never ceases to amaze me what people will watch on their phones, tablets, computers etc. Good Luck!
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Posted this on Youtube in 2012 and I have to thank Band in a Box for helping me get over 100 thousand views, of course a little guesswork as to what you think people might search Youtube for, helps too.

Doesn't have to be a great song either, all the tracks are midi, except for the realdrums, accordion notated in biab as well.

Foreman for Murphy

I have seen this video before. I have no idea how I got to it then. But I have watched it again!
Thanks all for the extra views, No I don't make any money, to be honest just doing it for fun, not interested in the money side of things.

Anyways I think you have to have millions of views and thousands of followers to make any money.

There is another person on the forum who has a very good youtube channel who I feel you might address this question to Joanne Cooper, she is very helpful.

Thanks.
That's really awesome that you got so many views! It's always a good feeling seeing those view counts pile up. It's a really catchy song!
Thanks Ember, yes it's nice to check back now and again and see the views pass the 50k and 100k mark, a bit of a milestone for me.

What I am really impressed with in band in a box is how easy it is to notate in edit mode a simple melody line for the accordion in this case, though I have no great understand of reading or writing music.

Only for biab I wouldn't be able to put these songs on youtube with a reasonable backing, so its biab that is awesome here!
© PG Music Forums