PG Music Home
Posted By: cwiggins999 Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - 02/20/21 06:53 PM
It's been a while since I've posted anything, but I've been working behind the scenes on a lot of new arrangements and recordings. I started using BiaB last May, and it has truly changed my ways of making music. It has been especially helpful during this unprecedented time in the world, with no live gigs for almost a year.

My favorite musical activity has always been to take familiar songs and rearrange/reimagine them. This is a cover of a popular Green Day ballad, created with gypsy jazz and Latin influences. I'm planning to put this and some other songs out to streaming/download sites soon, using the name "Sabos Project". It's a bit of an acronym of "Bossa", since a lot of my arrangements are heavily influenced by bossa nova and samba grooves.

All the instruments are from BiaB. I often add my own keyboards, but still have been doing rehab for rotator cuff surgery, and anyway, Jeff Lorber offered to play on this one :-) I started out with the _GYPSLAT style, and added Lorber's Latin electric piano (Realtrack 2892). Also Tim Kliphuis provides the dueling violins. I put his RealTrack 1446 on a Utility track, then used the BiaB harmonizer to generate the other violin part. They seemed to fit like they had been custom played for this song. I did all the mixing in Cakewalk, and muted/panned the fiddles so as to give the "trading 4s" feel in the instrumental break.

I hope you enjoy it!
Posted By: lambada Re: Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - 02/25/21 05:56 AM
Fun. Well done!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - 02/25/21 08:09 PM
An interesting and eclectic mix of instruments. Well done.
© PG Music Forums