PG Music Home
Posted By: Sundance It's A Little Bit Me Cover - 02/27/21 10:21 PM
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: It's A Little Bit Me Cover - 02/28/21 09:48 AM
I remember that song! I'm sure I had that album back in the day.

Very nice Josie, love your vocal and especially like the BGV's. Fun video, enjoyed your flute solo wink
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: It's A Little Bit Me Cover - 03/01/21 06:47 PM
I really felt like your vocals were excellent for this genre of music, and I feel you did a really wonderful job with the cover, staying true to it while making it entirely your own. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: It's A Little Bit Me Cover - 03/01/21 11:18 PM
Very nice. You managed to make the song your own. Smooth.

p.s. Walking Streets Of Gold is very good too. Your recordings are so clean and smooth.
Posted By: MountainSide Re: It's A Little Bit Me Cover - 03/02/21 10:24 AM
Nice cover Josie! I really like the that arrangement. Haven't heard that song in years, but it's a keeper. Did some digging, don't know that Neil Diamond wrote it and the Monkees recorded it. Gonna go look for a version myself.

Thanks for posting

Jeff
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: It's A Little Bit Me Cover - 03/02/21 06:05 PM
Great delivery from all aspects. Well done.
Posted By: Sundance Re: It's A Little Bit Me Cover - 03/03/21 10:22 PM
Dave, Ember, Sean, Jeff and Trevor - thank you! I appreciate it very much.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: It's A Little Bit Me Cover - 03/04/21 09:37 AM
Late to get to listen to this but now that I have I really enjoyed it. Great job.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: It's A Little Bit Me Cover - 03/04/21 05:01 PM
Josie,

There is a lot to like about this video and song. I enjoyed listening to this. Both versions by the Neil Diamond and Monkees are high energy. Your low key version is an enjoyable difference.

I enjoy hearing your singing. Great arrangement and the flute solo works.

The video production works too. Where did you get the background from?
Posted By: Danny C. Re: It's A Little Bit Me Cover - 03/06/21 10:36 AM
Wonderful job Josie, you should really consider doing some live streaming. I know I would go to a Josie show.

Later,
Posted By: sixchannel Re: It's A Little Bit Me Cover - 03/07/21 11:24 AM
Hi Josie
So different from The Monkees version.
Really enjoyed this loads. Great singing and its clear you were enjoying the whole thing.
Loved the invisible flute. lol.
The mic cover hides your face a little too much. A little bit mic, a little bit you? smile
Excellent.
Bests
ian
Posted By: Sundance Re: It's A Little Bit Me Cover - 03/17/21 10:38 PM
Charlie, Jim, Danny and Ian - thank you! I sure do appreciate you.

Oh, Lord Ian, if you knew how much courage it takes to show by face at all....you got it - little bit camera little bit me. grin

Jim it's a throw. I'll try anything for a backdrop. I have a supposed to be pro green screen I bought a few years ago but I can never get the lighting right. Every time I get tempted to try it again, I end up wasting a ton of time getting all ocd trying to make it work in here which it never does. That is why I don't have another vid up yet. I spent like a week this time before throwing up my hands with it. smile So it's back to the throw or whatever else I can find.

Thanks again for all the support.

Josie
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: It's A Little Bit Me Cover - 03/18/21 08:09 AM
Originally Posted By: Sundance

Jim it's a throw. I'll try anything for a backdrop. I have a supposed to be pro green screen I bought a few years ago but I can never get the lighting right. Every time I get tempted to try it again, I end up wasting a ton of time getting all ocd trying to make it work in here which it never does. That is why I don't have another vid up yet. I spent like a week this time before throwing up my hands with it. smile So it's back to the throw or whatever else I can find.

Josie

Josie, we have done a few now using green screen backgrounds. Initially it was difficult because in a home setup (no fancy lighting) it is pretty much impossible to get the lighting consistent across the entire green screen, so you would set the filter on one part of the screen but the other part that had different lighting would still show.

Marty discovered in the software he was using he could set a sensitivity level to compensate for the inconsistent lighting when filtering out the green, maybe your software has a similar setting? Just a thought.
© PG Music Forums