PG Music Home

Another old Classic Oldie, 1961 this time. 60 years old this year! Music by Carol King and Gerry Goffin. The "Still" appears to be optional.
A very straight to the point song about, ahem, losing one's cherry and future Relationship. For its time, very avant garde. (In 1961 I was so innocent then (??!!??) I thought Sex was something posh people had their coal delivered in.)
First recordings and performances include The Shirelles and there have been many, many others.
I hope that you enjoy it.
Backing Track made entirely in Band In A Box

RealTracks in style: 683:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1262:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopShiningHeld Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 691:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming AcRockBright Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 543:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dreamy Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1948:Mandolin, Rhythm PopUpliftingAndy Ev16 120
RealTracks in song: 2293:Horn Section, Rhythm PopPads Ev 130
RealTracks in song: 3552:Multi[Thickened=5] Vocal Oohs-Aahs, Rhythm Pop3-part Ev 085
RealDrums [in style:RockSoftEven8^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare Ride
Style MIDI Instruments are : Contra Bass (44), Clarinet (72), French Horn (61), Strings (49),

https://youtu.be/8XBP-ksJjnc

Bests
Ian
Ahhh, Carol King (and Gerry). Carol would have to be one of the greatest singer/songwriters of the 20th century.

I think that many couldn't realize how talented she is. Early hits, like your rendition of "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow", and "It Might As Well Rain Until September" preceded the genius of her "Tapestry" album which broke so many records.

Great job Ian, you 'did her proud', no question.
Nice sound Ian. Very complex arrangement that came out very well.
Hi Trev, thanks tor the kind words. Such classy writing.
Hi Jim, thank you too. The original and Tapestry were so simple and effective that I wondered if I'd overdone it.
Bests
Ian
Nice. I'm very fond of that simple guitar leading.
Shadows on the Tapestry.
Lovely twang.
I thought the ahhs may have been a little over used but it's cool...mixed and treated as mono would REALLY make this sinister lovely.
There's a likely rough edit at the 3min mark that could be fixed.
I was fairly pleased with the delivery. I certainly was not taking it on myself to judge or be critical of every played note. Frankly, it was a good presentation, and the overall performance was what mattered. I still stand by my original comments.
Thanks for the extra input. Been away a while. Sorry.
Bests
ian
© PG Music Forums