PG Music Home
Posted By: pghboemike Scaler jamming biab section @22:20 - 06/08/21 11:45 AM
Posted By: DrDan Re: Scaler jamming biab section @22:20 - 06/08/21 03:18 PM
I caught that. grin Nice to see BIAB-VST in play with all the rest of these premium music making plugins. No better advertising. grin
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Scaler jamming biab section @22:20 - 06/09/21 10:04 AM
Wow, great vid. Didn't quite wrap my head around how Scaler could be used but I'm starting to see it's value. I guess I didn't know it could be used to drive multiple tracks. Much more powerful than I thought.

Jeff
Posted By: DrDan Re: Scaler jamming biab section @22:20 - 06/09/21 12:25 PM
Originally Posted By: MountainSide
Wow, great vid. Didn't quite wrap my head around how Scaler could be used but I'm starting to see it's value. I guess I didn't know it could be used to drive multiple tracks. Much more powerful than I thought.

Jeff

Jeff, here is a small bit of clarity..

Scaler and BIAB-VST both do the same thing; they both follow a chord chart and create midi performance content for different instruments. Of course, each does a lot more different things, but midi performance content is their commonality.

They differ in operation in that BIAB-VST will only run on one DAW track at a time while Scaler can run multiple occurrences of itself. So you can put Scaler on multiple DAW tracks and create multiple midi performance content.
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Scaler jamming biab section @22:20 - 06/10/21 11:00 AM
So Dan, am I understanding this right? The BIAB-Vst can only run one instance per DAW session? Or is it one instance per DAW track, but you could have it running on multiple tracks at a time?

If I understand what you are saying, this is a powerful advantage Scaler has over the BIAB-vst.

Does Scaler always have to have multiple instances running? In other words, could I control multiple tracks with one instance assigning outgoing MIDI data to different channels?

Jeff
Posted By: DrDan Re: Scaler jamming biab section @22:20 - 06/10/21 11:58 AM
So Dan, am I understanding this right? The BIAB-Vst can only run one instance per DAW session?

Yes, one BIAB-VST per DAW Session

Does Scaler always have to have multiple instances running? In other words, could I control multiple tracks with one instance assigning outgoing MIDI data to different channels?

No and Yes - One Scaler One Track. But Scaler can "Sync" all occurrences so you only need to make a change in one Scaler to effect all others.
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Scaler jamming biab section @22:20 - 06/11/21 10:34 AM
Thanks Dan The more I learn about Scaler, the more intrigued I am. Adding this to the wish list.

Jeff
Posted By: DrDan Re: Scaler jamming biab section @22:20 - 06/11/21 11:01 AM
It was very recently on sale. Not sure if still... - Nope you missed it!
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Scaler jamming biab section @22:20 - 06/12/21 08:56 AM
Rats! If you happen to come across it on sale again Dan, please let us know.

Jeff
Posted By: DrDan Re: Scaler jamming biab section @22:20 - 06/12/21 01:36 PM
Rats! If you happen to come across it on sale again Dan, please let us know.

Jeff

I did post this sale in the forum. After all, I am the Official Scaler Announcer! grin
But next sale I will send you a PM as soon as it is announced! No problem. grin
© PG Music Forums