PG Music Home
This was a showcase collaboration but that fell over so I needed to draw in a new co-conspirator.
Gene agreed to play lead for this little meditation.
WARNING
The vocals aren't loud, nor are they clear. This state of audibility is deliberate.

I enjoy music that requires close listening and some degree of imagination to "interpret" the mutterings and wanted to replicate that "vibe" in this songs.
This remake/remix/remaster has a SLIGHTLY clearer vocal but not by much.
A really cool sound. All meshed together nicely.

Drums sound good. Excellent Bass - melodic and catchy - and a truly integral piece of the whole.

Terrific guitar. Nice "signature" licks.

I like it.

fj
Visually, an experience. I'm not sure why it was arranged that the vocals were incoherent. Perhaps they were meant to be part of the background instruments.
You must be a Pink Floyd fan! Really nice tune. Loved it!

Jeff
Hi Ray,

We like this music (including vocals) very much.
With this kind of music the vocals shouldn't be too loud.
The effect is very dreamy.
It leaves a lot to fantasy.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A really cool sound. All meshed together nicely.

Drums sound good. Excellent Bass - melodic and catchy - and a truly integral piece of the whole.

Terrific guitar. Nice "signature" licks.

I like it.

fj

Thanks FJ,
I'd had the bass riff since about 1980. I used it once in a band called The Teutonics...but the song wasn't much chop so the part hung about for 40 odd years looking for a decent home &, finally, found it.
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Visually, an experience. I'm not sure why it was arranged that the vocals were incoherent. Perhaps they were meant to be part of the background instruments.

Well Audiotrack,
sometimes music can be like that: Louie Louie is a great example as it even had the FBI searching for the possibility of subversive messages.
Sometimes vocals & lyrics are a direct line of communication, sometimes it's the sounds from the mouth rather than the words that are interesting, sometimes they're part of the dream/nightmare soundscape. Having spent time, from the 70s forward, reading lyrics on album covers or searching for confirmation of my auditory interpretation in pop magazines, music publications etc. it's sometimes about the search. Elvis Costello didn't have lyrics included with an album until Imperial Bedroom...for that album it was a conscious decision to be understood rather than interpreted - though those lyrics were more hints than statements.
For me on this song I wanted them buried because they sounded good to me that way and the sparse narrative , written in parts - those from the same space in the stereo image being written in the same session, didn't provide a full, linear narrative. The linearity only being provided by the progression of the "louder" sections.
Originally Posted By: MountainSide
You must be a Pink Floyd fan! Really nice tune. Loved it!

Jeff

The be perfectly honest I'm not. I don't care for anything post WYWH and , even then, I'm not fussed on that one.
I can't deny the influence of that era & style though...I became a teen in 1970.
Thanks Jeff, you're very kind.
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Ray,

We like this music (including vocals) very much.
With this kind of music the vocals shouldn't be too loud.
The effect is very dreamy.
It leaves a lot to fantasy.

Rob and Anne-Marie

THANK YOU for hearing it as intended.
© PG Music Forums