PG Music Home
Posted By: rayc WHEN THEY ASK WHY PYGMY BEAT EXTENDED - 04/02/22 07:03 AM

PLEASE, feel free to comment, suggest, express, make comparisons, link to examples, cross examine or dribble as you see fit.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: WHEN THEY ASK WHY PYGMY BEAT EXTENDED - 04/02/22 08:03 AM
Could you subtitle the lyrics? The band played out front - yes, a lot, especially for a vocal. I picked up some words, but not many. Perhaps the intention of the song was to demonstrate what could be achieved with an overpowering band. In that case, it worked.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: WHEN THEY ASK WHY PYGMY BEAT EXTENDED - 04/02/22 09:23 AM
Also, is this the same music that was also posted in the User Showcase?

I'm sure I've heard it before.
Posted By: rayc Re: WHEN THEY ASK WHY PYGMY BEAT EXTENDED - 04/02/22 06:50 PM
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Could you subtitle the lyrics? The band played out front - yes, a lot, especially for a vocal. I picked up some words, but not many. Perhaps the intention of the song was to demonstrate what could be achieved with an overpowering band. In that case, it worked.

Dear AVTrack,
Thanks for ticking one of the boxes.
In answer to your question, yes I could, I am able to do that.
Sarcasm employs humour, it may use ambivalence and it's not necessarily ironic.
Wilde is oft quoted as saying it's the lowest form of wit but he was being sarcastic, and few are aware of the second half of that pithy remark.
Posted By: rayc Re: WHEN THEY ASK WHY PYGMY BEAT EXTENDED - 04/02/22 06:53 PM
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Also, is this the same music that was also posted in the User Showcase?
I'm sure I've heard it before.

You always manage to surprise me.
I found an interesting quote that may shed a little light on your inability to hear the trees for the forest:
This isn't case case in general psychology though as the term "passive aggressive" has been removed from the formal diagnosis list. It remains in the realm of "conflict theory". It may be the cause of a psycho-acoustic phenomenon resulting manifesting within:
"In conflict theory, passive-aggressive behaviour can resemble a behaviour better described as catty, as it consists of deliberate, active, but carefully veiled hostile acts which are distinctively different in character from the non-assertive style of passive resistance."
Posted By: RnAM Re: WHEN THEY ASK WHY PYGMY BEAT EXTENDED - 04/10/22 11:37 AM
Yes, this one really sounds great!
And a stunning video, as always.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: rayc Re: WHEN THEY ASK WHY PYGMY BEAT EXTENDED - 04/11/22 08:43 PM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Yes, this one really sounds great!
And a stunning video, as always.

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thank you Rob & Anne-Marie,
it's nice to get some positive feedback.
© PG Music Forums