PG Music Home
Christiane mentioned to me a couple of weeks ago that she would like to do a Blue Attitude version of Summertime, just for fun to see how it would turn out.

I'm on guitar, Christiane Spruit on vocal and Marty Straub (BabuMusic) plays Bass. The rest is BIAB.

Y'all are ALL at the top of you game.

Killer guitar.
Killer Bass.
Killer vocals.

Beautiful mix.

A great listen.

fj
Dave, Marty and Chris,

This is a great blues treatment of this song! Everything was done in excellent fashion! Chris and Marty gave great performances here, but Dave I feel this is one of your best performances ever! The tone you have for this track captures the essence of blues guitar. It's among some of the best I've ever heard!

Thanks, Torrey
Yep, this is way up there. Lots to like about this delivery, from every angle. And yes, Christiane has delivered (again!).
Thanks very much floyd, Torrey, and Trev, very much appreciated! It was a fun project.
Superb. I almost missed this, because it was not in the Showcase section. Regardless: what a performance. I really think that Christiane, here, takes it up and above it all with her own performance. I mean, those accents she places on notes, if nothing else ... she really wipes the floor with most of us mere mortals on this one. That said: what a performance from both of you, Dave and Marty, to sustain these incredible vocals. I can only listen and bow my head in admiration of you all. Gershwin would have been proud - sincerest congrats.
a perfect rendition.

amazeing is all i can say.
terrific vocal emotion.
well done to all.

best
om
Originally Posted By: musician17
... I almost missed this, because it was not in the Showcase section. ...
The User Showcase is for links to original material. This seems to be a good area of the forum to post links to cover songs.
Hi James, yes, I posted it here because it's a cover, only allowed to post originals in the showcase. Christiane have been working together since 2015 and have done around 60 original songs, this is the first time we have done a cover. Thanks very much for your kind words, appreciated!

Thanks for stopping by and giving this a spin, om, happy you liked it!
Posted By: RnAM Re: Our take on "Summertime" by George Gershwin - 07/26/22 10:49 PM
Very nice rendition of an all-time classic.

Of course, I was waiting for the guitar solo as well. And it came... Cool!

Rob
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Very nice rendition of an all-time classic.

Of course, I was waiting for the guitar solo as well. And it came... Cool!

Rob

Wouldn't be a Blue Attitude song without a guitar solo wink

Thanks for the listen and comments, Rob, I appreciated it.
Posted By: rayc Re: Our take on "Summertime" by George Gershwin - 08/04/22 02:19 AM
Tasty cover...well done team.
Yep you guys COVERED it...wow! this is a fantastic recording all round...Christiane, the vocal is pristine....Scott, I've never heard you sound better...Marty is...well...Marty is Marty, seamless, transparent and laying the foundation...the BiaB tracks you selected sounded like a fine tuned band...just marvelous!
Christiane was really getting down on this one.
Nice work by all of you putting the BA signature stamp on it!

Josie

P.S. Isn't this song public domain?
If so, you can put your version of a PD song in the User Showcase
because you technically own the copyright of your version.
(Just in case anyone reading this doesn't know that.)
Originally Posted By: rayc
Tasty cover...well done team.

Thanks, Ray!
Originally Posted By: firesong
Yep you guys COVERED it...wow! this is a fantastic recording all round...Christiane, the vocal is pristine....Scott, I've never heard you sound better...Marty is...well...Marty is Marty, seamless, transparent and laying the foundation...the BiaB tracks you selected sounded like a fine tuned band...just marvelous!

Happy you liked it, thanks! My name is Dave BTW wink
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Christiane was really getting down on this one.
Nice work by all of you putting the BA signature stamp on it!

Josie

P.S. Isn't this song public domain?
If so, you can put your version of a PD song in the User Showcase
because you technically own the copyright of your version.
(Just in case anyone reading this doesn't know that.)

Thanks very much, Josie smile

Summertime is not in the public domain unfortunately, and won't be until 2030.
Wow!!!!

Dave, Christiane and Marty, this is brilliant. Musicianship and expertise abound everywhere. You've all done a spectacular job.

Regards,
Noel
Hello, that is my first time in this forum and I find that. Very good work!
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Wow!!!!

Dave, Christiane and Marty, this is brilliant. Musicianship and expertise abound everywhere. You've all done a spectacular job.

Regards,
Noel

Really appreciate that, Noel, thanks!

Originally Posted By: Korkenknopfus
Hello, that is my first time in this forum and I find that. Very good work!

Thanks for checking out the song, and welcome to the forums! Check out the user showcase forum too if you haven't already, lots of great music there.
© PG Music Forums