PG Music Home
Posted By: SteveMc BBDownloads Folder - 04/17/23 09:10 PM
Hello Everyone,

I've recently installed (re-installed) BIAB UltraPak 2022 and Plus Pak 2023 on a new computer using the Download Manager. I now have a 136 GB BBDownloads folder on my C drive. I gather it is the opinion of some Forum users, and it is recommended on the YouTube official BIAB 2022 Install Manager video, that rather than delete, I should move this to another drive so it can be used for future installs. Can anyone explain to me why I shouldn't delete. Install Manager is easy to use and all the files and my serial numbers are stored at PG Music. That's a really big folder taking up a lot of space.

Thanks in advance,

Steven McDonald
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: BBDownloads Folder - 04/17/23 11:15 PM
You can delete if you want to.

The recommendation to store the files is because not everyone wants to have to download all the files if something happens.

There are multiple reasons users may not want to download the files multiple times but here are a few. Some users have slow download speeds, some users have data ceilings or some users must pay tax on downloaded products.

Everyone's situation is different. Do what works best for you.
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: BBDownloads Folder - 04/18/23 04:53 AM
i delete as my files are always available from PG and I have fast broadband
Posted By: SteveMc Re: BBDownloads Folder - 04/18/23 08:13 AM
Thanks. I was taking my high speed connection and unlimited data plan for granted. Counting my cyber blessings.
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: BBDownloads Folder - 04/18/23 06:55 PM
I have all my downloads on a separate SSD drive along with the installed BIAB program.

Installed BIAB UltraPak+ is 215GB in size and the Uninstalled files are around 180gb for a total of 395GB

I can get a Kingston 480 Internal SSD for $30 or a Crucial 500GB for $40 on Amazon.

Copy the downloaded files and the installed program to the drive and set it on the shelf or leave it in the computers.

That would save about a 12-18 hours of having to download and install. I have had to do that before I got smart.

If they come out with a patch, just patch the backup copy along with the main installed program. If your drive crashes just copy the BB folder you saved back to your new hard drive, no need to reinstall.
© PG Music Forums