PG Music Home
BIAB Windows

Is it possible to generate separate drum tracks? So, export/save as WAVS?

I've searched for this but haven't found a question, let alone an answer. I'm sure it must have been asked; probably my search capabilities aren't up to it!

Thank you!

K
Thanks for the fast response. I've found 'Stems' but not sure it's what I want. I should have been more specific with my question:-

I have a song with Realdrums in it. I'd like to export all tracks as WAVs, with each drum sound becoming a single WAV file . . . so a WAV for the Bass drum, a WAV for the Kick, another for the cymbals etc.
This depends on which RealDrum you use. Most (almost all) are premixed, so no, you cannot separate individual parts of the kit. The best you can do is fiddle with the EQ.

However, if you can find a suitable drum style out of the new RealDrums that has stems as mentioned, then each sound of the kit is a separate track. You can mix or export the parts of the kit separately.

We hope we will see more RealDrums with stems in the future.
Just to add a bit more...

If you happen to be talking about MIDI, then you can export the Drum components on separate tracks.

If you are talking about audio (RealDrums) which you most likely are, then as mentioned they are pre-mixed. Over the last couple years we've added stems for some RealDrums, and currently there are about 100 RealDrums that have individual stems. How many you have depends on which package / version you have and when you got it. If you open the RealDrums Picker and click the "Show Stems" checkbox this will show them all.

Note that the stems are not completely isolated (except for some of the percussion tracks which were overdubbed). They are the audio from each of the drum mics used in the session - therefore you will hear other drums, just much quieter, but it allows you to adjust the mix to your liking. As mentioned, using an EQ plugin can be very helpful as well.
Thanks Andrew. I did not realize there were that many. Outstanding.

And yes, some of the mics are intentionally designed to capture overhead, but all mics on a drum kit pick up some bleed as they would in any studio micing setup.
© PG Music Forums