PG Music Home
Hello,

Regularly, I no longer see any instrument in the selection window of a real track (whatever the option Chording, soloist, all).

And I have to rebuild the styles from the style picker , so that the reals reappear.

Do you have an explanation and a solution to prevent this problem ?

Version : Band-in-a-Box® for Windows , Version 2023 (1010), 64 bit application

Best regards
It sounds as though there may be a filter setting option in place.

Check these options, especially the Show All button.

Attached picture 2023-05-26_0-30-32.jpg
no filter
Thanks for the (brief) reply.

Does Options > Preferences have 'Enable RealTracks' set and is the RealTracks location correct?

Attached picture 2023-05-26_1-51-54.jpg
What happens if you choose Options > Return to factory settings?
I think the location of the RealTracks could be the problem here. If they are on a drive other than the same drive for /BB and you added other devices that captured or displaced the drive letter where the RealTracks are, it could behave this way.
I agree with the above.

If the RealTracks are on a removable drive, that drive might be assigned a different drive letter esp. if it is connected to a different USB port, or it may be missing (disconnected), or have an intermittent fault, &etc.
Thank you for your answers.

The problem occurs punctually and therefore the parameter setting is not in question.
But I understood the cause.

I use BIAB in a configuration with 2 screens. But the WE I have a configuration with a single screen. And when I open BIAB it often happens that BIAB does not appear, as if it opens on the second screen.

To circumvent this pb I erase the file preference/intrface.bbw.
The link between this deletion and the pb mentioned is now proven!

If there is a trick to make BIAB appear without deleting the intrface.bbw file, I'm interested.

Best regards
Originally Posted By: Riccoboni
I use BIAB in a configuration with 2 screens. But the WE I have a configuration with a single screen. And when I open BIAB it often happens that BIAB does not appear, as if it opens on the second screen.

Thanks for finally coming back to us, and revealing that you sometimes use dual monitors. That would have been a very important clue to have known about earlier.

You can save your own preferences before returning to factory Settings, and then restore your own preferences. I don't know if it saves monitor settings though.

Anyway, you have solved your problem.
© PG Music Forums